• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB Big Band Phrase Modeled Performance Multi Midi File of the week #7

Share/Bookmark

JABB Big Band Phrase Modeled Performance Multi Midi File of the week #7

This rendering of Little Pixie The Thad Jones Mel Lewis Piece is from a midi file available at the Jazz Page. This demo uses a new version of the Multi currently under development. The JABB Big Band Multi from Midi File of the week #3 can be used, replace the Flugelhorn with a KS Trumpet.

Suggestions for Multis (Library Specific or Cross Library) and enhancements to the Automation the multi Provides are always appreciated.

The performance multi adds a number of features to the Garritan Libraries (Jazz & Big Band, Personal Orchestra, Stradivari Solo Violin, Gofriller Cello and Concert & Marching Band) for the Kontakt 2 Player.

The multi provides the ability to vary note start timings to help humanize quantized sequences. Rather then random variations, the multis humanization are based on a sequences phrasing moving forward and behind the beat depending on note values. Timing variations are selectable via midi messages and supports separate settings for each midi channel.

The Performance Multi scripts Modwheel, Articulation, Length, Legato and Portamento for all legato instruments in the JABB, GPO & CoMB libraries. The Multi script models phrasing in real time based on note characteristics such as speed, length, overlap and space. The scripts will correctly interpret phrases based on the instruments capabilities.

Tuning, Timber, Air Noise, Key/Valve Noise, Growl/Flutter and Vibrato are script generated with user definable strength on a channel basis.

Re: JABB Big Band Phrase Modeled Performance Multi Midi File of the week #7

Bet you thought I missed this one, Mike... lol.

You keep coming up with still more fascinating variations on this
    approach... the timing, etc... I am very, very surprised with all
    of us directly concerned with realism in our renderings that this
    topic has not taken far more interest and attention -- especially
    with the results you're demonstrating!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux View Post
    Bet you thought I missed this one, Mike... lol.

You keep coming up with still more fascinating variations on this
    approach... the timing, etc... I am very, very surprised with all
    of us directly concerned with realism in our renderings that this
    topic has not taken far more interest and attention -- especially
    with the results you're demonstrating!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David,

As always your kind words are much appreciated.

Not much reaction of late to the posts but a fair number of the multi has been downloaded and continues to be. For anyone reading this beside David especially those of you who have downloaded and used the multi, constructive critism, general feedback and sugestions for improvement would be most welcome.

BTW David I think if you had used the multi on your submission for the 4th of July Canada Day contest it would have cinched a library for you.

I'm quite impressed with the realism your getting from a midi file.

Some people that sequence are able to just play things in. If you are using a notation program and then convert to a midi file the multi effect sounds like a great tool for realism. My sequencer has a humanize feature if you are quantizing but I just use my sequencer basically like a tape machine with the ability to manipulate the notes.

I hope people can make good use of this additional tool.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by MMOSC View Post
    David,

BTW David I think if you had used the multi on your submission for the 4th of July Canada Day contest it would have cinched a library for you.
    Dang.

If only... rofl!

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I'm quite impressed with the realism your getting from a midi file.

Some people that sequence are able to just play things in. If you are using a notation program and then convert to a midi file the multi effect sounds like a great tool for realism. My sequencer has a humanize feature if you are quantizing but I just use my sequencer basically like a tape machine with the ability to manipulate the notes.

I hope people can make good use of this additional tool.

Phil
    Phil,

The humanizing is only one aspect of the multi. For live play the script also automates virtually all parameters of the instrument including air & key noise, tuning & timbre, vibrato for those without aftertouch, velocity scaling, string articulation key swithing, legato, and with the next version eq. The scripts will also help with simulating horn lines with keyboard input for those without breath controllers and can create reasonable simulations with just note & velocity keyboard input, no Modwheel required.

I'd welcome any feedback, suggestions for improvement etc on live play & the multi if you have a chance to try it out.

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit:Performance feedback phrases

Best regards.
    Last edited by mrngorickets; 06-30-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Update

Hey Mike! I would really like to hear this but I always get page not found when I select little pixie. If you would fix that, I would love to hear your efforts.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by mrngorickets View Post
    Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit:Performance feedback phrases

Best regards.
    --I'm not sure if you and Jay see that you're responding to a thread 3 years old. I haven't seen Mike around for awhile, and it's easy to guess that the links posted are to now defunct pages. Sorry.

Randy

Go Back to forum