• Register
  • Help

Topic: HELP!! Problem with midi and recording

Share/Bookmark

HELP!! Problem with midi and recording

I'm got a midi file exported from Sibelius 4, and tried to load it in Sonar so that i could do the mixing and adding dynamics...When i exported the file into midi, the triplet couldn't be played. But it played perfectly when i use garritan studio with Sibelius. So what's the problem??

IS it possible that i could use external midi keyboard with Garritan studio? So that i could control the dynamics while recording within the studio?

Re: HELP!! Problem with midi and recording

"When i exported the file into midi, the triplet couldn't be played."

What does this mean? Do you hear something other than you expected? Or nothing at all? Does everything else play properly?

- k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

everything plays fine, but only the triplet that i input with sibelius doesn't play..well it plays the first note, but the second and third note can't be heard.

Check your "Snap-To" setting in Sonar.

The icon looks like a square with nine tiny squares inside it. Put a tick mark beside "Musical Time".

I usually set the resolution to "32nd Triplet".

Give it a try.

Larry Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

oooooooh thank you soooooo much!!!! it's working fine now once i set the snap-grid thing

Go Back to forum