• Register
  • Help

Topic: best sample sets for exotic, beuatiful world vocals

Share/Bookmark

best sample sets for exotic, beuatiful world vocals

think soundtrack style, like gladiator or blood diamond.

not looking for lyrics sung, just melodies with beuatiful and haunting voices to use as samples to complement my own original compositions.

lots of vocal sample libraries are very mixed and i have found a few with a few usable samples, but i'm looking for ones which is specialize in this style and have a LOT to them, so i have more to choose from.

i like the sound of spectrasonic's world section in their vocal planet set,
    http://www.spectrasonics.net/libraries/vocalplanet.php

however its only one disc out of five and i don't care for the rest, to be honest.

any suggestions would be a really great help.

thanks a lot

Idris

Re: best sample sets for exotic, beuatiful world vocals

Have you checked out Eastwest's Voices of Passion? One of the patches has a Lisa Gerrard vibe to it.
    Last edited by tallisman; 06-03-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: link didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Composer View Post
    I have often thought this would be an good library to do, and here in New York, I have access to wonderful vocalists. In my opinion,the best part of Vocal Planet's female riffs is in the Celtic section....reminds me of the beginning of 'Harry's Game ( a wonderful piece) by Clannad. Unfortunately, there are just not enough of them.

I havs thought about developing a larger collection, maybe in a few keys, various vocalists, offered both dry and processed. Is there interest here?

Regards, Larry
    Absolutely. while VOP is quite useful, and serves its purposes, I think having access to an additional collection that focuses on this genre of vocal style would be very helpful.
    Otto Cate
    Owner / Lead Composer, Deprogrammed Studios
    http://www.deprogrammedstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Composer View Post
    Thanks, Otto, but yours was the only reply, so I'm guessing most people are covered in this regard...hmmm. Maybe a private collection, just for mysefl
    Not so much celtic but "world neutral" if that means anything, would be phenomenally useful. Can't get enough of them. Textures, wails, inflections... gladiator exactly. It was set in ancient Rome but wasn't so geographically restricting musically. I'll even help you put it together, if you're in NYC.

Best,
    Joel
    www.joeldouek.com

"Show me your Pasodoble!"

NYC is in da house! Hey Joel!

I second or third that wish for a better vocal library. VOP has some great stuff in it, but it isn't quite up to the Lisa Gerrard standard that they had initially touted it as being. Vocal Planet has great stuff too, but since many of the key phrases got used for the CRASH score, every time you use them people say, "Hey, isn't that the music from CRASH?"

Aside from more vocal stuff, I wish someone out there would create a shoegaze virtual instrument, as was mentioned in another thread: something with all of those great filtered guitar sounds in one single module.

-kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

I'd love another library like VOP but don't think it would be on the top of my to-buy list. Ideally, I'd like to find a real singer who can deliver such vocals and not rely on sample libraries, as they are always a bit limiting.

being the original topic creator....

of course i would want this collection

i would help fund it as much as i can on a students budget.

its a massive hole in the market in my opinion.

my composition would be transformed by a single simple melody sung with a beautiful voice.

if i have hundreds to choose from, my whole music sound would evolve. its why im searching out samples. even the tiniest snippets will improve my sound.

Not "world" vocals but very haunting and widely used nonetheless.

Best always,
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Cool, I'll start looking out for singers who fit the bill. I'm on 14th btw 5th & 6th
    Best,
    Joel
    www.joeldouek.com

Wow I just heard about a great singer in Philly at an event last night. I wonder if it's the same one. So I've spoken to some people & am hopefully going to make contact with a NY based sample library production duo who have useful knowledge. NYC composer, please send me a PM with your email address.

Best,
    Joel
    www.joeldouek.com

Go Back to forum