• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can Logic Express 8 load Steinway sampler from Finale 2008?

Share/Bookmark

Can Logic Express 8 load Steinway sampler from Finale 2008?

Hello, everyone. I'm working with Finale 2008 and Logic Express 8. There is a Yamaha sampler piano in Logic Express 8, but I am not fully satisfied with it, mainly because there are several abrupt changes in volume and tone color as I scroll through the key velocity settings, which I thought were supposed to allow for more subtle control of dynamics.

So, I am looking for a superior sampler instrument to create realistic-sounding piano tracks.

I see that Finale has a Steinway sampler instrument in its Garritan Personal Orchestra. Is it possible to load this instrument for use in the KontaktPlayer2 in Logic. Right now when I attempt to do this, I get the message:

"There was an error trying to acquire a license for this patch! Error message: You haven't entered a serial number yet. Please use the Service Center to enter the correct serial number."

Anybody have any experience with this or know what this message means?

Thanks,
    Drew

Re: Can Logic Express 8 load Steinway sampler from Finale 2008?

I believe the instruments bundled with Finale can only be used within Finale (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

If you were to upgrade to the full GPO (or the Garritan Steinway) you should be able to use it within Logic.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum