• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Heart Stood Still

Share/Bookmark

My Heart Stood Still

Hi All,

This is a kind of quirky arrangement I did a number of years ago of the old Rodgers and Hart standard. As a matter of fact, I found some of it a bit too quirky, and I had to rewrite a few sections.

The instrumentation is flute, harpsichord, 2 alto saxes, tenor sax doubling on oboe, baritone sax doubling on bass clarinet, bass and drums. Not much detail was included in the drum part, so that also had to be written out. All instruments are either GPO or JABB.

I played around with different levels, different reverbs etc., and found that what sounded best on headphones didn't sound good on speakers, and vice versa. I finally left it at what I felt sounded best on my headphones (which are just average).

(I notice the player on mp3unsigned has the volume set back - it should be at its full volume.)

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Showband.asp?id=12750

Best Regards,

Jack
    Last edited by jacksiru; 06-04-2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: additional information

Re: My Heart Stood Still

Jack:
    How do I gt it to play?
    Steve

This will put a smile on everyones face!

A very "fun" arrangement and rendering. Enjoyed the different sections including the "sax?" area. Great drumming as well; very realistically introduced.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Steve,

The site uses two players - Windows Media Player and Flash Player. It was on Windows Media Player; I changed it to Flash Player. See if that works for you. Otherwise, you can download it, and play it on your system. By the way, I listened to your student composition 'Conquest II', and was very impressed. I didn't comment, because I was planning to listen to it again.

Michael,

Thanks very much for listening, and for your comments. It was fun to work on as well.

Best Regards,

Jack

jacksiru:
    Thanks, I'm glad you fixed it as I really enjoyed listening to it. Unusual is an understatement but that is what appealed to me. I really like hearing new and different versions of the old standards. "They just don't write 'em like that anymore!"

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for listening, and for your comments. I don't know if they ever wrote them like this, but I appreciate your interest.

Regards,

Jack

Unusual arrangement, indeed, Jack... but then,
    I thrive on "unusual". Some very interesting
    choices in this!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Hi David.

I myself have mixed feelings about this piece. One day, I think it's okay, and on another day, I want to wipe it right out (which I actually have done).

Thanks for your interest.

Best Regards,

Jack

Go Back to forum