• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Topic: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    Unfortunately for me GS4 does not work on any of my systems.

    System #1

    Quadcore 6600
    Intel DG33BU
    2 GIGs RAM
    M-Audio FW410, Keystation 49e
    XPSP3

    Always says Giga did not load properly, no sound or evidence of midi controller working.

    System #2

    AMDX2 6400
    ASUS M2N SLI
    2GB RAM
    Echo Mia, AP2496, Oxygen 8
    XPSP3
    same error as above, GS3 works fine

    System #3

    AMDX2 5000
    ASUS M2NE SLI
    2GB RAM
    Terratec EWX 2496
    XPSP2

    I got it to make sound auditioning. The strange thing is it claims my card is only a 16 bit card when I'm in the program.


    Maybe after a few updates it may work.

  2. #2

    Re: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    Three systems that don't work? I wonder if you have a corrupted disc. Hopefully, 4.01 (or whatever) will be out soon, and you'll be able to download fresh code...

  3. #3

    Re: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    I haven't had a lot of time to troubleshoot it, but I can't get any sound or evidence of MIDI in GS4 working either. This is also on a system that runs GS3 just fine.

    Intel P4 3.2
    2 GB RAM
    RME DIGI968 PAD
    XP Service Pack 2
    Will Loconto
    www.WillLoconto.com

  4. #4

    Re: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Loconto View Post
    I haven't had a lot of time to troubleshoot it, but I can't get any sound or evidence of MIDI in GS4 working either. This is also on a system that runs GS3 just fine.

    Intel P4 3.2
    2 GB RAM
    RME DIGI968 PAD
    XP Service Pack 2
    I don't know how you can troubleshoot this. It should work in Rewire. Too bad Microsoft doesn't have a 64bit system worth owning. XP64 bit is a bit pricey and Vista sucks.

    Hopefully Tascam won't neglect fixing issues for Microsoft's most popular OS.

  5. #5

    Re: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    I dont get why would you even be interested in upgrading to GS4 without going 64 bit tho. It seems its 99% of the value is ram access. If you arent using 64 bit just stick with GS3 imo
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

  6. #6

    Re: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    I had the same problem but then I tried loading giga-edit after giga4 has loaded and whala it works!

    So now every time I use gs4 I load gs edit4 just after and close it (if I dont need it) and everything works.

    I use MOL on a core2duo 2 core overclocked to 3.6ghz (tried turning off overclock BTW)

    There is a problem tho. Quitting GS4 is dirty! Most of the time it crashes with a memory address error...

    unless I leave GS edit open, close GS4 and then close GS edit.

    Hope this helps.

    PS Either way I think Tascam should acknowledge this and fix it!

  7. #7

    Re: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Chase View Post
    I had the same problem but then I tried loading giga-edit after giga4 has loaded and whala it works!

    Hope this helps.

    PS Either way I think Tascam should acknowledge this and fix it!
    It didn't work for me.

    The GVI instruments on the disk work fine. They don't work inside GS4.

  8. #8

    Re: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlps View Post
    I dont get why would you even be interested in upgrading to GS4 without going 64 bit tho. It seems its 99% of the value is ram access. If you arent using 64 bit just stick with GS3 imo
    I was hoping to using GS4 to replace Vstack and GS3 on several of my PCs, but so far I don't think it works well enough with enough VIs. Maybe after an update or two it will get better.

    I still haven't been able to get any sound out of GS4. I get the crashes after quitting as well. I've reinstalled it several times, but I don't really have more time to delve into it. I am using MOL also.
    Will Loconto
    www.WillLoconto.com

  9. #9

    Re: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    Quote Originally Posted by KiteKrazy
    Unfortunately for me GS4 does not work on any of my systems.
    Very strange. It sucks to hear that you're having problems KiteKrazy. I have not experienced any problems with four machines I have tested GS4 on now (three 32bit, one 64bit). The configs I've tested it on in case it helps rule out any hardware:

    XP32 SP2
    AMD Athlon 3700+
    M-Audio 1010LT
    NVidia X700
    2gb DDR2

    XP32 SP2
    Intel Core 2 E8200
    M-Audio 2496
    NVidia X300
    3gb DDR2 with /3GB switch

    XP64 SP2
    Intel Core 2 E8200
    RME HDSP 9652
    NVidia X300
    8gb DDR2

    XP32 SP2
    Intel Core 2 E6420
    Integrated audio (no GSIF support - used trial of GigaVST)
    3gb DDR2
    NVidia 8800GTX

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Chase View Post
    There is a problem tho. Quitting GS4 is dirty! Most of the time it crashes with a memory address error...
    unless I leave GS edit open, close GS4 and then close GS edit.
    Strange, I've not experienced this memory address error. I have had two BSODs with GS4 on XP32, but those were from stress-testing (loading 700+mb of samples).

  10. #10

    Re: GS4 POLL: Systems that DON'T WORK

    Quote Originally Posted by dummy View Post
    Very strange. It sucks to hear that you're having problems KiteKrazy. I have not experienced any problems with four machines I have tested GS4 on now (three 32bit, one 64bit). The configs I've tested it on in case it helps rule out any hardware:

    XP32 SP2
    AMD Athlon 3700+
    M-Audio 1010LT
    NVidia X700
    2gb DDR2

    XP32 SP2
    Intel Core 2 E8200
    M-Audio 2496
    NVidia X300
    3gb DDR2 with /3GB switch

    XP64 SP2
    Intel Core 2 E8200
    RME HDSP 9652
    NVidia X300
    8gb DDR2

    XP32 SP2
    Intel Core 2 E6420
    Integrated audio (no GSIF support - used trial of GigaVST)
    3gb DDR2
    NVidia 8800GTX



    Strange, I've not experienced this memory address error. I have had two BSODs with GS4 on XP32, but those were from stress-testing (loading 700+mb of samples).
    Oh well there was a reason why I started investing in Kontakt. I like Giga better but no one needs a dedicated Kontakt machine.

    How well did Giga run with the Giga VST? I have it but since I have GVI there was no need to use it anymore.

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •