Atoms [by Gavin Brown]
I had to do a "virtual tour" at this college which I worked at. The tour consisted of walking around campus and looking at things or playing games. As you're doing these things, short bits of music play in a loop in the background to add to the ambiance. I wrote these little musical dittys like wildfire, must have written about 50 or 60 of them. I was so into it that I even continued to write that kind of music after the tour was over and donewith. This piece is called "Atoms," and it was in the tour. It was on a credits screen that had a picture of me and the other people who worked on the tour. I called it "Atoms" because I envisioned we would take that still picture of all of us and superimpose over it some animated laboratory looking devices which would shoot electricity at each other, like a mad scientists lab from a Jonny Quest episode, and I wanted to convey in the music an excitement which would fit that scenario. At the end of the day, though, it just ended up being the music over the still picture. We never got around to the animation.
Genre: Game
User Page