• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newbie help

Newbie help

Hi i am new to Garritan andI was just wondering is there any way of layering instruments?

Re: Newbie help

What exactly are you trying to do ? Are you using a sequencer, notation or standalone ? Need more information to help

Im running it standalone at the moment. Is it possible to run say a violin and a piano at the same time?

Hi again, welcome to the forum.

unfortunately, I dont use standalone so I cant help. I think you need to be able to get midi instructions in on more than one channel. Its easy using a sequencer. I hope one of the other members of the forum can help, try copying the query to TIPS,TECHNIQUES & TUTORIALS

And if you want the piano and violin to play the exact same notes, then set both instruments to the same MIDI channel.

I've just installed Garritan Studio and Garritan Personal Orchestra. When I open Studio though I get an error message saying "No Garritan Libraries Found! Please reinstall GPO or JABB" I've tried reinstalling but the same thing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Chin,

Welcome to the forum. You might consider starting a new thread for this.
    Anyhow, what version of GPO are you using? Does it ship with Kontakt Player 2? or Kontakt Player 1?

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    probably best to start a new thread, your question is more likely to be seen that way.

short answer is GPO Studio is not compatible with the KP2 version of GPO. There have been a few threads discussing how to get started with GPO KP2 recently, have a look through the support sections here, and see if you can't find what you need!

Thanks guys - started a new thread about the compatibility of studio with k2 and it's clear studios not going to happen. can you point me in the direction of some chat about how to get k2 going? I'm looking but nothing's leaping out at me.

Quote Originally Posted by jjloving View Post
    Dude, like..whoa...like we must share the same brain or something...

if that's the case, I sincerely apologize for difficulties resulting from occasionally channeling my brain
    Get outta my head!!

Wait, it's your head??

Well where'd mine go?

Go Back to forum