• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinway on PPC

Share/Bookmark

Steinway on PPC

Hi,

Will Authorized Steinway run (at all) on this setup?

Mac G5 PPC 2x2 GHz
    2.5 GB RAM
    OSX 10.4.11

The manual says PPC and Intel on page 11 but only Intel in other system specs.

/Niljam

Re: Steinway on PPC

Quote Originally Posted by Niljam View Post
    The manual says PPC and Intel on page 11 but only Intel in other system specs.
    This is actually an error in the manual, PPC should have been removed from it.
    The official word is that PPC is unsupported.
    If you don't plan on running Steinway in Protools (RTAS) on a PPC, then you can get it to "run", just not as efficiently as it would on a Core Duo Intel machine.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Cool Re: Steinway on PPC

my steinway works fine a a ppc 2 ghz dual g5

Quote Originally Posted by David (plogue) View Post
    If you don't plan on running Steinway in Protools (RTAS) on a PPC, then you can get it to "run", just not as efficiently as it would on a Core Duo Intel machine.
    Well, I was actually planning on running it in Pro Tools but I can use Cubase SX3 instead, if I have to…

Slow solo piano, 16 bit, using external reverb. Would you recommend me to go for the Standard edition?

Quote Originally Posted by Niljam View Post
    Well, I was actually planning on running it in Pro Tools but I can use Cubase SX3 instead, if I have to…

Slow solo piano, 16 bit, using external reverb. Would you recommend me to go for the Standard edition?
    When using 16 Bits, the Standard or Pro versions have the same cpu/platform requirements.
    Just that the Standard has 2 perspectives (sample sets) while pro has 5.

You can choose to install any/all of the pro perspective using either 16 or 24.
    Of course 24bit causes much more strain on the Streaming/RAM ressources.
    David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montreal. http://www.plogue.com

Go Back to forum