• Register
  • Help

Topic: MONET'S BATHERS (Piano, 3:00)

MONET'S BATHERS (Piano, 3:00)

Instrumental (piano).
    [Garritan Personal Orchestra, Steinway; T-RackS & CSR for effects.]

Link: http://www.songu.com/members/bmurrin
    (Click "songs" in left navigation panel, and then select "Monet's Bathers" from the song list.)

This is some experimental "playing without walls" that I edited (chopped, spliced, embellished) and then sped up. I was surprised at how classical it sounds. I'm getting mixed reviews on this and would appreciate your input. Thanks!

I wrote this music for Monet's "Bathers at La Grenouillere".
    You can view an image of the painting at http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/cg...erSection=work

P.S. I don't actually play this well! LOL

Re: MONET'S BATHERS (Piano, 3:00)

Chopped, spliced and sped up? We don't tell anyone that, we just pretend like we are all virtuosos. Virtuosa if you prefer.

My favorite type of playing is just to sit down and let my fingers go wherever. I get some great ideas that way and a lot of stuff to delete as well, but that is beside the point.

Nice piece

Very beautiful!
    Enjoyed very much!

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Ron, I'll keep your advice in mind! LOL

Thanks for listening, gentlemen, and for your encouraging comments. I appreciate it.

P.S. to Ron - "Let fingers wander wherever"...that's exactly it! Some interesting scenery along the way, I've found.

Central Illinois

This really has some lovely moments. I wish there was a little more space for it to resonate at times (ends of phrases)
    This could be developed into a beautiful piece. The last four chords and bits of melody are exquisite. Thanks for the link to the painting, it's nice to view the inspiration. You have some other pieces that I listened to and enjoyed very much. Nice writing and playing! John

So nice to hear one's musical interpretation of a
    piece of art and especially when the art is the
    real inspiration.

I haven't heard your music before so I will say
    welcome to the Forum.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

John, thanks for the encouragement to develop this piece further. (I'm thinking about it! LOL)

Jack, I have one other piece on the forum: Gondola Ride. I would be honoured if you would listen to it and give me your feedback.

Thank you for your welcome to the Forum. I'm finding the musicians here to be wonderful--not only for their excellent musicianship and technical skills, but also for the warm welcome and encouragement I've received.

Sorry I'm so late getting to this, Barb -- I'm
    a little behind... lol.

An interesting pianistic intepretation of the Monet.

There's a long history of writers looking to visual
    art as inspiration and subjects for their musical
    works... perhaps you might elucidate how you came
    to this piece in relation to Bathers?

Go Back to forum