• Register
  • Help

Topic: problem with C2 on Old Lady

Share/Bookmark

problem with C2 on Old Lady

Hello, everyone. I have just purchased The Old Lady for EXS24 and I'm trying to use it in a project in Logic Express 8. There's a sort of "click" sound at the beginning of every C2 with a velocity setting of less than 64. Does anyone know how to fix this? I like the sound of this piano, and it seems like a good deal at $50, but right now it's pretty much useless to me, unless I happen to be writing a piece that never calls for C2 played quietly!

Thanks,
    Drew

Re: problem with C2 on Old Lady

Hi Drew

I have the same feeling about The Emperor - it had a great price and has a tone that I really like but there are several small problems that the user seems to be expected to fix himself.

Anyway, if the only problem in your case is a single sample, couldn't you just remap it, ie. remove it and replace it by a sample corresponding to another note or velocity layer?

Bear with me, as I'm a relative newbie to using sampler instruments, but if I replace it with another sample from another pitch or velocity layer, wouldn't the C2 then sound as a different pitch and/or different timbre?

Thanks,
    Drew

Quote Originally Posted by kdrew922 View Post
    Bear with me, as I'm a relative newbie to using sampler instruments, but if I replace it with another sample from another pitch or velocity layer, wouldn't the C2 then sound as a different pitch and/or different timbre?

Well, using an adjacent note and the same velocity layer would probably be best. I think you should be able to simply delete the C2 sample and stretch a B1 or C#2 to cover the C2. It should be possible to have it repitched but I'm not sure exactly how this is done in EXS24. The timbre would of course be slightly different, but that's the price one has to pay.

Many thanks for the tip. Sure enough, I was able to take a nearby note with a similar timbre and change the pitch, and the problem note is now gone.

Cheers,
    Drew

Go Back to forum