• Register
  • Help

Topic: Installing GPO on dual-boot NON-network PC?

Share/Bookmark

Installing GPO on dual-boot NON-network PC?

Can anyone advise me on the following?

I have a new dual-boot xp32/xp64 PC with NO network connection.

I own GPO and currently have it installed on my old PC. The GPO disc I own is old, so I will need to update it as well as install it.

Keep in mind that I will need to install it twice - once for each partition. I don't mind if I have to uninstall it from the old PC, but my understanding is that I am not required to do that.

Any suggestions on the least painful way to accomplish this? Remember, there is no internet access on the new machine. I can transfer files between the two machines via CD or external usb drive.

Thank you in advance!
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Re: Installing GPO on dual-boot NON-network PC?

If you use the new Kontakt Player 2, then you shouldn't have to uninstall the old version as long as the old version used Kontakt Player 1.53.

There should be no problem installing on your new machine to the 2 partitions. You'll have 2 authorize it for both partitions though.

Jim

I've wondered about this myself. I have a computer with the dual boot set-up and wondered if I install a piece of software (say GPO) on each partition, does it count as two installations? I also use a laptop, and would like to have one installation to use on it. Can anyone clarify this please?
    Regards, John

The number of installations on a dual boot vary depending on the library. Native Instruments it will count as 2. ARIA player it counts as 2 but you get 4 installs. Dongle based libraries such as the Vienna libraries only count as 1 as the OS reads the info from the USB key.

Jim

Go Back to forum