• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone using GS4 with Vista?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone using GS4 with Vista?

Since I can't use GS4 on my XP 32 bit systems, I may just buy another cheap sata drive for a 64bit OS.

It appears most in this group are using XP64. I'm not sure if I want to invest that kind of money which is considered an old OS.

From what I've read on this site, Vista seems to accompany the words "big mistake".

I have no clue how well the XP64 drivers work with a M-Audio FW410.

Who knows maybe they'll release GS6 by the time I can use GS4.

Re: Anyone using GS4 with Vista?

Why can't GS4 work on the XP 32bit machine?

It won't work if you have the 3GB PAE Switch on bootup. I have it installed in such a way that I have a choice on boot up.

It worked fine for me in 32bit XP Home.
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live View Post
    Why can't GS4 work on the XP 32bit machine?
    I have 3 that don't. I have no idea why.

That must be an incredibly lonely feeling.
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live View Post
    That must be an incredibly lonely feeling.
    I'm not allowed post the words to describe how I feel.

Definitely not lonely.....more like pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    I'm not allowed post the words to describe how I feel.

Definitely not lonely.....more like pissed off.
    I assume you've tried a bare bones clean install ( sp2 not sp3 and no ie7 ) of XP?

I never really liked GS3 very much except for the addition of GigaPulse, but it did serve me as a stable playback engine.

But up until a year ago I had 3 x Scope GigaDAW's. One was GS3 Orch, 2.54, and a Bidule GVI combo on a E6750, all of them functioning well.

When I recieved GS4 32bit full edition, I simply installed it and had my eLicenses transferred to my fully packed dongle on the same GS3 machine. I was quite happy with the hassle free install.

I actually prefer Gigastudio DAW's as I have come to trust their stability for live performances for over 6 years now.

Sampler apps all sound the same in terms of quality to me, their differences being the content developers make, that really seems important as a selling factor. But I never had good luck running any other apps live except for Scope DSP / Giga based DAW's.

The idea of having 3 GS4 DAW's unable to funtion in 32 bit XP would have me screaming at the top of my voice on every forum.

But I guess that's because I make a living off of stable DAW's for live performance.

If I was just using them to record on the weekends it would be different, but I'd still be a little more than PISSED !!!
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl View Post
    I assume you've tried a bare bones clean install ( sp2 not sp3 and no ie7 ) of XP?
    Both AMD machines were clean installs. GS3 has no problems on a XPS3 machine.
    It didn't work on a SP2 machine either.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the installer on the disk is corrupt.

I'm hoping Tascam isn't reverting to the GS2 days when they couldn't work their way around stupid stuff conflicting with Gigastudio. They worked their way on to many user's s**t lists and that why it's not the sampler of choice anymore.

They did contact me about what else was running. Funny as it is the only time I got any sound was on the machine that had AVG, ZoneAlarm running at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by kitekrazy View Post
    Both AMD machines were clean installs. GS3 has no problems on a XPS3 machine.
    It didn't work on a SP2 machine either.

I'm beginning to think that maybe the installer on the disk is corrupt.

I'm hoping Tascam isn't reverting to the GS2 days when they couldn't work their way around stupid stuff conflicting with Gigastudio. They worked their way on to many user's s**t lists and that why it's not the sampler of choice anymore.

They did contact me about what else was running. Funny as it is the only time I got any sound was on the machine that had AVG, ZoneAlarm running at the same time.
    It would be good to know for sure so hopefully you can get an other DVD from them. I'm sure they won't be able to fix it if you haven't been able to so they should send you one.

S

Go Back to forum