• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trumpet falls

Share/Bookmark

Trumpet falls

I am having all kinds of fun playing with the various parameters and controlls in the JABB wind instruments. They are truly amazing.

But I have a question regarding the trumpet falls (CC#15). The fall sounds the same regardless of the value I assign to CC15. I've set it all the way down to 33 and all the way up to 64, but with no difference in the fall. I've also tried moving it earlier and later in the note. I didn't think that would make a difference and sure enough, it didn't.

Now I'm not a brass player, nor do I play one on TV, but it seems to me that there would be two distinct parameters in play here: the interval of the fall and the duration. Can these be varied with CC15? What do the different values of the control code do? I'm trying to minimize the effect of the fall: just a quick fall of a few scale steps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And, BTW, have you seen Trumpet Falls in the autumn? It's truly spectacular. A great time to visit.

Re: Trumpet falls

I believe that there is only one trumpet fall and that it doesn't change with the CC15 value.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    I believe that there is only one trumpet fall and that it doesn't change with the CC15 value.

Jim
    Thanks for your replies, guys.

That's kind of what I was guessing. I think maybe I need to use pitch bend data to get complete control over the fall.

Trying pitch bend may help although I've never tried it.

There will be limitations to libraries such as JABB because of the size of the library. It was designed to run on one PC within about 2 GB of memory. The more stuff you add, the more memory needed.

For more advanced trumpets with more controls you may want to check out Sample Modeling's The Trumpet. Beware that the price for just this trumpet is more than JABB.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    For more advanced trumpets with more controls you may want to check out Sample Modeling's The Trumpet. Beware that the price for just this trumpet is more than JABB.
    If that's the one that was put out by Giorgio Tommasini, I've heard it and it is awesome. The same sort of phenomenal work he did on the late, great Gofriller.

But I don't think I can spring for that so I'll just have to make do with the JABB, which, IMHO, is nothing at which to sneeze.

For the money you can't beat JABB!

Jim

Go Back to forum