• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WOO-HOO! Music written not by humans - but by AI...

Share/Bookmark

WOO-HOO! Music written not by humans - but by AI...

" The Autophonics method for music generation uses techniques from the field of Artificial Intelligence to closely emulate human decision making, which gives the resulting music a definite human feel. "

Oooookaiyyyyy.......

http://www.autophonics.com/

Re: WOO-HOO! Music written not by humans - but by AI...

OK, relax everyone, I think we're safe for a while!!

BB

Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB View Post
    OK, relax everyone, I think we're safe for a while!!

BB
    Listening to the demos I think so...although using some sample libraries, who knows!
    Eduardo Tarilonte |Sample Library Developer
    SampleLibraries |MyWeb

I prefer the legacy approach: genuine home-grown intelligence.
    Thanks mam and dad (and our creator).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Hayat View Post
    .... uses techniques from the field of Artificial Intelligence to closely emulate human decision making,
    For a moment I thought I'd stumbled on a thread about politicians...
    David

Wow! That is bad! (and not in the good sense either). Ouch

Peace

rikp

In 20 years you can all day and all night stay in your bed. Everything will be computerized. You no longer have to drive in your holydays, no longer have to cook, eat, drink, work and so on........ .

Puhhhhhh, what then do we live?
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

They're spending so much time making software to make music for them, they may as well have just put that time into making music itself.

Gosh, that was absolutely dreadful! Real music comes from emotions and great music comes from the soul, with a little bit of wit and sarcasm from the intellect. Last time I checked, computers only know 1111111111s and 0000000000s.

But then again it wasn't all that much worse than a lot of the crap I hear on the radio or coming from my teenage daughter's room. And that "music" was composed by human beings.

If I had nothing else to look forward to but listening to computer generated music all day, I would probably just go into the bathroom and slit my wrists. Fortunately, I have an iPod with 9000 of my favorite pieces of music on it. It took me many days to burn all of my vinyl and CDs, and no, it doesn't sound as good as the original, but it sure is convenient! I spend about 15 hours or more a week driving around Nor-Cal. I used to listen to talk radio, but my blood pressure got so high, it was going to kill me. So now I just relax and listen to my faves. A lot of times, I just select "shuffle" . . .

But hey, if computers are going to become the great providers, just strap me in a chair with 3 IVs cranked to the full "on" position: caffeine, alcohol and THC, give me a giant screen, great surround sound and it'll be like a scene from Soylent Green. I won't die, I'll just fade away . . . Then I become food. Ain't that great!

That made my day lol

Though I find it kinda interesting as a new approach to AI.
    Seeing that AI is incorporated in many ways for different things such as games for example ( I guess mostly fps), it was fun in a way listening to what " AI "
    has composed on its own.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Go Back to forum