• Register
  • Help

Topic: Any Quantum Leap RA users here ?

Any Quantum Leap RA users here ?

I am doing a film that has a couple of scenes where it needs a pioneer/western/ early American history feel in the music. I am considering buying Quantum Leap RA because I saw that there is a Washburn Guitar, Fiddle and Banjo in the library.

However, nowhere on the East West site in any of the RA demos, are those 3 instruments used.

I was wondering if there are any RA users here, who would be so kind as to just record a 10 sec simple clip of the Washburn Guitar, Banjo and Fiddle so I can just hear the quality.

Or maybe someone can even vouch for it.

I don't want to spend $535 for just 3 instruments.

Would anyone be so kind as to post 3 shorts clips contains a few playing styles from those 3 instruments ?

I now everyone is really busy, but I thought I would give it a shot. Maybe someone out there is kind enough to help met out.

"‘The heights by men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight,
    but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night
    .’ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow."

Re: Any Quantum Leap RA users here ?

I can't put anything together for you at the moment as I just got out of the hospital, got my appendix yanked out so I am a little sore.

I have used RA a lot though and can vouch that the Washburn Guitar and Banjo both sound great. I don't think I've used the fiddle yet, but it is probably pretty good considering the overall quality of the library. I would recommend RA for the type of score you are doing.

I may be wrong, but I believe the only fiddle in RA is a Hardanger fiddle (Scandinavian version of the western fiddle). I don't know if there's much difference in sound between the two, but it might be worth checking before buying.
    Cheers, Tim

There's the hardanger, a barritone violin (in the India section), and a Middle Eastern fiddle.

Truespec has this on sale currently (till through the weekend, I think), for $349.

At that price, it might be a bit easier to just "go for it"....

Go Back to forum