• Register
  • Help

Topic: Just bought Kirk Hunter Diamond!! :)

Share/Bookmark

Talking Just bought Kirk Hunter Diamond!! :)

Ok, I just bought Kirk Hunter Diamond downloadable edition a few minutes ago - after debating and searching every forum on the 'net for the last month. I feel naughty - biggest sample library I've ever purchased before!

I'm really hoping this will be the ultimate companion/expansion that I have been looking for to EWQLSO Silver (which feels like a tease).

At first when clicking the first link to the first instrument download I thought I saw 1600KB and my heart sunk a bit... but then i looked again and it's 1600 MEGABYTES.. ok this will take a while.. I'm going to have a hard time sleeping or working for the next couple of days from the excitement!!

I'll post demos and my thoughts after i finish downloading this massive thing and giving it a try!

Re: Just bought Kirk Hunter Diamond!! :)

First impressions of the Symphonic Strings - Far more excellent than I expected.

The only strange thing is in some of the patches w/fx and keyswitches, when I release the keys the samples cut off instantly instead of pleasantly.. anyone know why this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by freakmod View Post
    First impressions of the Symphonic Strings - Far more excellent than I expected. The only strange thing is in some of the patches w/fx and keyswitches, when I release the keys the samples cut off instantly instead of pleasantly.. anyone know why this happens?
    Can you tell me exactly which Symphonic String instrument is doing this, and I'll check it out myself.
    FYI, the Concert Strings in Ruby/Diamond are newer and far superior (especially the violins) to the Symphonic Strings in Emerald...just IMO.

Hello Mr. Hunter,

I think last night I heard it on a few different patches, but for example right now I opened Symphonic Strings - Symphonic 2nd Violins

The patch 11_Symph_2ndVns_k (under keyswitched no fx) has this issue. When I play notes around Middle C (C3, G3 etc) then I hear the cut-off.

On the first note it plays fine, and when I press the key again it cuts off the release like I mentioned. Then it alternates between sounding fine and cutting off very sharply everytime I hit the key.

Edit: Problem solved, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freakmod View Post
    I have uploaded an example of this so you can hear. Is this supposed to happen?

http://www.freakmod.ca/other/kh-symp...lins-test1.mp3

It happens on the VelMarcato, Legato, Adagio, and Custom keyswitches for this patch. The sound example is with Legato keyswitch.
    Nope, that's not supposed to happen. I'll look at this this afternoon and see how I can help you. Additionally, it sounds like something weird is going on with the actual playback of the SOUND itself. It does not sound like the right sample.

Ok, I just checked. It is working perfectly here under all articulations... Are you running Kontakt 2 or Kontakt 3? Can you tell if the file " 01_Symph_2ndVns_k.nki" works ok?

You were right - there must have been something wrong with Kontakt. I have just reinstalled it and the problem's gone. I really appreciate the help!

Now, to get back to testing out this library. It sounds divine - can't wait to hear the Concert Strings!

A small question: Is there any manual or documentation for your libraries? I'm quite overwhelmed with the amount of patches for each instrument. Primarily the "Orig Emerald Patches" .. do these patches use the same samples as the Keyswitched and Separation patches? Would I receive the most benefit from using the Keyswitched patches, or is there something in the Seperated patches that I'd be missing if I only used the Keyswitched versions?

Thanks again for your help, I'm -loving- the sound of this library already, and I've barely heard a fraction of it. It totally kills all the other strings I have.

If you go to the information pages for each part of the library(like the Concert Strings, for example), there is usually a "more info" link near the top that links to the pdf manual for each one.

Brent

Thank you koolkeys.

Go Back to forum