• Register
  • Help

Topic: Easiest way to install GPO on 2nd computer?

Share/Bookmark

Easiest way to install GPO on 2nd computer?

This post is a simpler version of my "How to install GPO on a dual-boot NON-networked PC". I've only gotten a few answers there. Maybe this will work better.

I have an old computer with GPO installed on it. I have the original GPO install disk.

But there have been several updates since I bought that disc, both to the sounds and the player. The old computer has all the latest updates.

To install GPO on the new computer, do I really have to start from scratch and go through all the updates? On a non-networked PC, this sounds like quite a pain.

Could I install the original GPO and then COPY the updated sounds from my old computer? Similarly, once GPO & the original player are installed, can I update the player to the latest version (skipping the intermediate updates)?

Many thanks! The fact that I have to do this twice for a dual-boot system and have no network access (on the new PC) makes me want to keep this as simple as possible.

- k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Re: Easiest way to install GPO on 2nd computer?

You shouldn't need to install version 1 and then update. Try this instead.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...65&postcount=5

Substitute authorization via Service Center online to the old Activation Request file, which is still an available option in SC2.0

Hi Reeqs -

Thanks for the response. I've carefully read (and made a copy of) the steps outlined in your url.

I see that Service Center has an "offline" mode.

You suggested installing KP v.2.2.2 & KP v2.2.3. Doesn't the latest one contain everything? I also noticed that there is a v2.2.4 out now. Can't I just install that, copy the GPO files, and be done?

thanks, k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

I don't think it does contain everything, as the filesize for 2.2.4 is significantly smaller than 2.2.3.

I'd advise installing 2.2.3 and then upgrading. I haven't tried 2.2.4 alone, so I'm not sure what will happen. But if you want to try it, let me know how it goes!

Reegs

Go Back to forum