• Register
  • Help

Topic: Carlo Grante Plays Chopin Scherzo - AUTHORIZED STEINWAY Synced to Video

Share/Bookmark

Arrow Carlo Grante Plays Chopin Scherzo - AUTHORIZED STEINWAY Synced to Video

Here is the beginning of a video sync that DPDan did with the Authorized Steinway and a video performance by Carlo Grante. This is a work in progress and more is coming.

Here is the video: [may take a moment to load]

Press Play button

DPDan took the video of a piano performance by Carlo Grante and synchronized a MIDI file using the Authorized Virtual Concert Grand. What you will see is Carlo Grante playing but what you hear is a synchronized MIDI-mock-up using the Authorized Steinway. Dan did another fantastic job!

The artist is Carlo Grante, an internationally acclaimed pianist who has performed concerts throughout the world and with some of the leading orchestras. He graduated in Piano performance with Sergio Perticaroli at the Conservatoire of Rome, where he studied Composition with Claudio Perugini and with Rudolf Firkusny at the Juilliard School of New York. Carlo Grante's discography includes more than thirty titles and some of the infamous Joyce Hatto recordings were reputedly taken from Carlo Grante.

Thanks to DP Dan for putting this unique and masterful synchronization together and many thanks to Mr. Grante for permission to use this video.

Enjoy!

Gary Garritan

Re: Carlo Grante Plays Chopin Scherzo - AUTHORIZED STEINWAY Synced to Video

Great job, the sound of the Steinway, synchronized with the player.

To be honest, I will never buy a CD of this guy. The performance is sloppy. He doesn't take the time to end those "waterfall"-like sequences. With Chopin all notes are important, knowing that he (Chopin) sometimes spent hours and hours on one sequence only. I played that piece myself, not as good as he does, and finally I gave up. My teacher kept on hammering that every note should be heard evenly, which I couln't because of the size of my hands/fingers.

Raymond

Great sounding piano.

Great video syncing.

Chopin would be amazed..........

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I'm mystified. How did you do it?

Charlie
    (day job)
    CEO, Cognetics Corporation

www.cognetics.com
    (night job)
    musician

Quote Originally Posted by CBK780 View Post
    I'm mystified. How did you do it?

Charlie
    Very painstakingly. I'm sure DPDan can give some details.

Gary

This video has been redone. The volume is higher and it's a higher res audio now.

Enjoy!

Gary

Go Back to forum