• Register
  • Help

Topic: Massive Epic Album "Andromeda: Coda" (I'm waiting for Garritan Choir)

Share/Bookmark

Epic Album "Andromeda: Coda" (I'm waiting for Garritan Choir)

Hi,

Several film/video game development teams are asking me to compose some tracks, which many of them are involved in the Science Fiction Genre. In response I created "Andromeda: Coda".
    Originally I intended to compose this album for the mainstream audiences so it will be quite percussive in some of the heroic parts. In the mysterious/suspense tracks, like Jerry Goldsmith's films scores, I added in Electronic Synthesizers and Sound Effects to create that "Science Fiction" sound.

Samples Used:
    Garritan Personal Orchestra
    Self sampled Taiko Drums and other percussion
    Choir from the SoftSynth Finale 2007
    Yamaha Synths
    Korg X5D Syths
    Noises from my computer featured in the Track "Core, Logic, and Avatar" (yes my Computer is quite noisy)

So overall, not very impressive equipment but with GPO the only powerful and versatile samples I have available. With certain Technical Limitations, I'm doing my best tweaking to create the most realistic/versatile/powerful sound.

This album is currently WORK IN PROGRESS.

1. Andromeda Coda Suite
    2. The Lightbringers
    3. Spirit of the Abyss (Horror)
    4. The Captain and his ship (Heroic)
    5. Pyrian Standoff (Suspense)
    6. The Engine of Creation (Mystery)
    7. The Sun Goddess (Adventurous)
    8. The Perfect Future (Mystery)
    9. Out of Victoria, by Barbarossa (Action/Battle Music)
    10. Core, Logic, and Avatar (Electronic)
    11. ???????? - Work in Progress
    Etc.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/sta...olderID=668097

Thanks and Enjoy!

David Fang

Re: Massive Epic Album "Andromeda: Coda" (I'm waiting for Garritan Choir)

Very impressive. Your composition is great, and the sound is very good too. This is probably the best I've heard Garritan sound.

Hey David,

First off, this seems to be a lot of music to absorb in one listening. If you can, and would like to, may I suggest posting each song separately over time for more in depth reviews?

I did listen to the first track "Andromeda Coda Suite"; yes, somewhat "William-ish" Your talent is amazingly obvious and your cinematic aim on target. I think you will be very successful in this area of composition. You have a great ear for the dramatic and set the scenes perfectly.

"... I'll be bach!"

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

David

I wish I had the time to listen to them all right now, but alas I still have tons of homework to complete tonight.

I listened to the first and the Captain and his ship and these are of course very cinematic and fit vwery well into a sci fi adventure.

The mixing is great, but I would not have said not very impressive equipment and samples in this forum. I am quite sure you meant the samples were great, but the equipment was not the best.

Just giving you a hard time.

Great work!

Ron

Very impressive. Your composition is great, and the sound is very good too. This is probably the best I've heard Garritan sound.
    This is not the best utilization of Garritan Sounds. DDW's In Pursuit of the Angels of Dystopia and Rolifer's Rendering of Homeward Trek of Heroes are most impressive and far exceeds my rendered works.

I wish I had the time to listen to them all right now, but alas I still have tons of homework to complete tonight.
    I am quite sure you meant the samples were great, but the equipment was not the best.
    Boy do I need to take a break! Yes I did meant to say the samples are great, but the equipment was not so impressive. I am exhausted from work, school, and trying to be a prolific composer at the same time. I'm very tired and it appears that I can't even type a sentence properly this week. I'm expected to write "battle cues" in a matter of days..you know how much energy that takes. Maybe I'm pushing myself a bit too far.

Speaking of school,
    I have school projects and deadlines coming up. I have been up til almost 3 AM crunching in the numbers and cramming coursework in a class that I am taking right now that lasts for 1 month that is originally intended for a regular semester of 3 months.

Best Regards,

David

Hi David,

Very impressive stuff from a very talented, creative composer! You do just an outstanding job with the modern cinematic, almost grandiose style. Excellent, spot-on instrumentation choices and rendering. I enjoyed this very much.

Danny

Thanks DDW,

Your comments are appreciated.

Best Regards,

David

You should title the CD Fangs of the Dragon. I absolutely love the first track. I will over time go through an listen to each track. But I want to spend some time listening to other works in the listening room.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Hello David,

There's quite a bit of great music to listen to, here, David; and
    I have, as time permitted, been exploring it. I confess I have not
    as yet finished all of the segments.

However, before this retreats forever deeply into the back pages
    of the forum, I did want to chime in with a richly deserved...

Bravo!

Accomplished, compelling, highly worthwhile and listenable
    writing, throughout. I've a few more movements to get to to
    finish out the listen... and I look forward to them with pleasure!

By the way, I particularly noted and liked the inclusion of
    synthesis -- the serious use of synthesizers and electronics
    in orchestral contexts is, in my opinion, a vastly under-explored
    area... with musical riches awaiting the reaping, as you've
    plainly demonstrated.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum