• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: Tango by Albeniz

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Tango by Albeniz

    Hi, all!

    Let me join the fray with my first post in listening room.

    I found this piece in the music book that came with my Clavinova and recorded it with the Garritan Authorized Steinway just for fun.

    Here's the link to the mp3:

    http://www.box.net/shared/uegoqz5wkw

    This is the video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZZg7_lOJKs&fmt=18

  2. #2
    Senior Member June-Bug-Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Yeovil, Somerset
    Posts
    347

    Re: Tango by Albeniz

    Quote Originally Posted by electone2007 View Post
    Hi, all!

    Let me join the fray with my first post in listening room.

    I found this piece in the music book that came with my Clavinova and recorded it with the Garritan Authorized Steinway just for fun.

    Here's the link to the mp3:

    http://www.box.net/shared/uegoqz5wkw

    This is the video, but it's in mono:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZZg7_lOJKs

    Welcome to the listening room electone2007!!

    I was looking at this piece only last night, it came with my Yamaha YDP-131 and it's fairly hard to play for it to mean something.
    The Aurthorised Steinway, as usuall, sounds perfect.
    I enjoyed your performance very much and look forward to hearing more.


    Regards,

    Dan.W
    Trumpet, cornet, flugel player. Composer and student.

  3. #3

    Re: Tango by Albeniz

    Hi Jun,

    Very glad to see you posting here!

    Delighted with your gentle and expressive playing!

    I have many works by Albeniz, but not this one...

    Do bring us some more of your playing.

    Yudit

  4. #4

    Re: Tango by Albeniz

    Quote Originally Posted by June-Bug-Dan View Post
    Welcome to the listening room electone2007!!

    I was looking at this piece only last night, it came with my Yamaha YDP-131 and it's fairly hard to play for it to mean something.
    The Aurthorised Steinway, as usuall, sounds perfect.
    I enjoyed your performance very much and look forward to hearing more.


    Regards,

    Dan.W
    Hi, Dan!

    Yes, the Authorized Steinway is really good and sounds even better "in person". Encoding to mp3 takes away some quality.

    Thanks for listening!

    Jun

  5. #5

    Re: Tango by Albeniz

    Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Hi Jun,

    Very glad to see you posting here!

    Delighted with your gentle and expressive playing!

    I have many works by Albeniz, but not this one...

    Do bring us some more of your playing.

    Yudit
    Hi, Yudit!

    I think this work was originally meant for guitar, I'm not sure.

    Thanks for listening!

    Jun

  6. #6

    Re: Tango by Albeniz

    First off,welcome to the listening room.

    Very nice playing. You have a nice touck on the keys.

    Well done

    Ron

  7. #7

    Re: Tango by Albeniz

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    First off,welcome to the listening room.

    Very nice playing. You have a nice touck on the keys.

    Well done

    Ron

    Hi, Ron!

    Thanks for the welcome.

    Glad you liked it.

    Jun

  8. #8
    Senior Member bigears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: Tango by Albeniz

    Jun, I really enjoyed hearing your performance of this piece. Good take on the different dynamic levels and the tempo.
    From my reading up on Albeniz, I learned that he was greatly influenced by the native Spanish folk music which inspired many of his compositions. So, music that originated on guitar, inspired new piano music, that in turn has been transcribed back into guitar music. Francisco Tarrega (1852-1909) a Spanish guitar maestro and teacher, was a friend of Albeniz, and did many of the original transcriptions from piano to guitar.
    Whichever way it is performed, I love to hear the music of Albeniz, which is so evocative of Iberia. Thanks for sharing and please come back with more!
    Regards, John

  9. #9

    Re: Tango by Albeniz

    Hi, John!

    Thank you for your comments. I'm glad you liked the tempo 'coz initially I had doubts that maybe I played it too fast.

    BTW, your posting of the jazz piano trio was the biggest influence for me to go ahead and get the GAS! There were a lot of equally wonderful demoes out there but your jazz trio pushed me over the brink.

    Thanks for listening!

    Jun

  10. #10

    Re: Tango by Albeniz

    Hi, all!

    The YouTube video will be in STEREO instead of mono by using this link:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZZg7_lOJKs&fmt=18

    This will do more justice for the Garritan Steinway than the previous mono sound.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •