• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dorian Diddy & Yoga Meditation

Share/Bookmark

Dorian Diddy & Yoga Meditation

I've gotten a few gigs recently.One has been composing for a yoga video. I've been so darn busy I haven't been here in months. Trying to complete my website. Maisontet Brass. Feel free to check it out. Anyhow, I managed to get a few compositions rolling again, as busy as I've been. Here they are:

Dorian Diddy ---- Now Finished

Yoga Meditation

I've really missed the community here, but with me starting myown community, I'll be less likely to be here often. Save my page as a bookmark, and comeback often. I have intentions of starting a place there where you guys can sell your scores if you're interested in doing that please let me know. I will be creating a page later today that will be the Score Store. If you want your score sold there, I'll have a form available for you guys to send me a link to your score. Scores would need to be PDF format, and for the most part, all scores purchased would only have a listing fee of about 10%. More information will be available about this later. Check the site frequently for updates, and if you become a member of the site, I will send updates via email.

Sincerely,
    Tuba Jedi Master
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Re: Dorian Diddy & Yoga Meditation

Try to make it back here from time to time.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Always a pleasure to listen to your works

Ron

Am I the only one who clicked just to see why "Dorian" wasn't printed in all caps?

Kidding aside, I did enjoy it. Haven't heard much creative marimba work in a while. (It sounds like two players on one marimba, yes?) Yoga Meditation was nice too. I like how both of these are refreshingly subtle - still complex but without a great deal of "busyness," of which the music I've been listening to lately is full. I could really imagine meditating to that second one... or at least tripping out to it.

-Chris P.
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

tripping out? Ah musicians and their drug problems. JK. Anyhow, thank you for that. Yes it is one marimba two players, unless its my good friend Charolette Mabrey doing it, becauseshe can do 3 sticks in each hand. She plays with the jacksonville symphony. At any rate,neither are done yet, but they have taken a start for which I am pleased. I really will be working on the meditation one because it is due in a few weeks. 30 minutes minimalist piece. Thank you guys for the comments. Please check out the website when you can.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

Hi Ben,

Good to see you back with us again.

Nice work on these. I liked the Dorian -- with it's well
    controlled pulsation and fluid, almost water-like motion. I hope
    you'll take this further.

Yoga Meditation, likewise well done. You seem to have a good
    "feel" for this kind of streaming minimalism that both rests and
    invigorates the mind at once.

Keep it coming!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Alright guys. I finished the Dorian Diddy. My friend's going to play it soon. Also, the loud note in the middle, on the sheet music, those are the notes I chose to improvise rhythms too in the middle of the music.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

Ben,

Just finished listening to the Dorian Diddy, very creative, clever, always changing, always refershing itself. good luck with the new site and future endeavors.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Yoga and meditation both are very good exercise and very powerful exercise. Yoga and meditation both are very good for the health. These are the best exercise for overall mental and physical health. It improves will power and concentration. It also helps in losing weight and reduce the risk of heart disease.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryshudson View Post
    Yoga and meditation both are very good exercise and very powerful exercise. Yoga and meditation both are very good for the health. These are the best exercise for overall mental and physical health. It improves will power and concentration. It also helps in losing weight and reduce the risk of heart disease.
    --um, OK--But did you listen to Tuba's very interesting music on this THREE YEAR OLD thread you revived--? This is The Listening Room, and the point is to post on topic about the music people share with us here.

I am grateful to be hearing Tuba's music again, so thanks for that. Tuba--you out there my man?

Randy

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Go Back to forum