• Register
  • Help

Topic: Changing controllers

Share/Bookmark

Changing controllers

Hello,

I have JABB and I would like to change the velocity to respond to the volume envelopes - I think it is cc7, instead of the mod wheel. I would also like to get the velocity to respond to the velocity envelopes I place in the tracks. I am using Sonar 7.

Can anyone help me change this setting?

Thank you,

Mikul

Re: Changing controllers

Thanks, John!

Yes, this does help. I was trying to get the volume off the mod wheel and over to the cc7 so I could draw volume envelopes after my tracks were recorded. It is just easier for me. When I start the first of 20 VI tracks, I don't always have a reference point for the mix, that is why I prefer to draw envelopes after all tracks are done.

Thanks!

Mikul

Let me ask you one more quesion, John.

If the modwheel is controlling both volume and timbre, wouldn't sending it to cc7 do the same? How can I get both bolume and timbre over to a control that I can draw an envelope for, rather than put in via the wheel?

Thanks!

Sorry - I spelled your name wronn - Jon.

I must have missed something. Why can't you draw an envelope for CC#1? That's the controller number for the mod wheel, and it's how most of us sequencer types do it.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Thank you, you both have been helpful. What I am getting after is a way to balance the tracks after they are recorded. I know I can use the mod during recording, or draw in an envelope after. Once I am done with 16 tracks or so, I always need to do balancing. That is why I wanted an overall control (#7) for each track after the recording is done - for mixing/balancing, not for the individual expression within the track.

Thank you both.

Mikul

Just what I was looking for! Thanks for the great link too - I never would have figured that out on my own - setting up the separate audio tracks.

Thanks!

Mikul

Go Back to forum