• Register
  • Help

Topic: Change GPO patch from one bar to the next in Sibelius5?

Share/Bookmark

Change GPO patch from one bar to the next in Sibelius5?

Is it possible in GPO to change a string patch from one measure to another? And if so how do I do that in Sibelius 5? For example to have GPO Violin N-VLN1 KS on bar 39 and then have it change to another patch, say N-VLN LUSH MUTE on bar 40....how is this done?

Thanks!
    Daniel

Re: Change GPO patch from one bar to the next in Sibelius5?

HI, Daniel

I am a Total Sib newbie (1 week with it), but I know the answer. My hand shot up in the air when I read your post, "Ooh ooh, I know, I know!"

Toolbar - Go to Create - Bottom selection is Other. Click that, and you have your choice of any instrument in the list Sib defaults to or that you've added on your own. As with anything you insert in a score, the patch change will occur wherever you click the pointer.

Notice a default action is for the new instrument to be announced on the last note of the previous instrument. That's helpful for when you're printing individual charts and you're asking a musician to trade off between instruments - Clarinet to Sax, Flute to Piccolo for instance.

Randy B.

You could also add a SoundID change.
    Go to Play > Dictionary.
    Select the Staff Text tab.
    Click New. Give it the text you want to trigger the change.
    Select the new entry in the list
    Set Effect to Sound ID Change.
    Set Sound ID to +mute +lush.
    Then, enter the text you defined in the dictionary where you want it to take affect in the score. Use Technique text.
    To reset, you can use an existing entry that does a [reset] or define your own. The word natural is one already defined.

The Soundset is fine. But, I checked and there is no Dictionary word to enable the lush strings so I just outlined how to do this. The Dictionary is part of the House Style not the Soundset.

Go Back to forum