• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Question for CME pedal users

Share/Bookmark

Question for CME pedal users

I just got my GPP-3 today. In the box there was literally nothing other than the pedal and a USB cable. No manual and no software. Was this everyone else's experience?
    David

Re: Question for CME pedal users

Hi Pingu
    I just got mine few days ago and the same hapened to me. Just a pedal and usb cable, no book no drivers ... I call the store and they told me that is like that how it comes. firmwere and manual is available online. http://www.cme-pro.com/en/product-de...?product_id=19
    I am new in this forum, just post one quiestion about this pedal when I am using the Steinway in cubase sx 3.

Best regards from Spain.

www.antoniotrigo.com

If you miss it, time ago i post a link to an interesting review and some tips about this pedal:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...d.php?t=61176&
    Marcelo Colina

I got one on e-bay. Arrived yesterday. Manual included but no usb cable. Thanks to the link above I had read the instructions for the firmward updates. (Not for the faint of heart. The part about depressing two or three pedals while reaching around the back to turn power on is a real adventure. Finally figured out that I could stand on the pedals and lean over to turn unit back on. The lights all blinked as promised in the instructions, so I guess the firmware has been updated. Hope no one was filming that operation.)

While awaiting the Steinway Basic, I tried CME pedals with the piano in NI Bandstand also with a Pianoteq demo. I'm able to use all three pedals via usb connection. Not sure I'm getting continous or half damper but definitely getting soft pedal and sostenuto as well as full damper.

Susan

Thanks everyone!! Susan - do they all need the firmware updating? You'd have thought CME would start shipping newer stock with it already done.
    David

Here's the link to the most lucid instructions I've found for updating the firmware for the pedal, or for programming as well. John

http://www.cme-pro.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1928

David,

It's possible that I would not have needed to do the firmware updates. I got my CME pedals through an e-bay purchase and I had the feeling I was getting an older version.

Also, since I'm not a midi expert by the standards of most people here, it took me a while to figure out that the soft pedal and sostenuto features were only going to work with software instruments and not on my Yamaha P-60 itself. The firmware update was one thing I tried before I understood all that.

I got the CME pedals in anticipation of getting the Steinway Basic. Can't wait!

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by susanmusic View Post
    David,

It's possible that I would not have needed to do the firmware updates. I got my CME pedals through an e-bay purchase and I had the feeling I was getting an older version.

Also, since I'm not a midi expert by the standards of most people here, it took me a while to figure out that the soft pedal and sostenuto features were only going to work with software instruments and not on my Yamaha P-60 itself. The firmware update was one thing I tried before I understood all that.

I got the CME pedals in anticipation of getting the Steinway Basic. Can't wait!

Susan
    Thanks Susan!
    Sorry, I somehow missed that you answered here - just spotted it now that the thread is back on the front page of the new sub-forum.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
    Thanks everyone!! Susan - do they all need the firmware updating? You'd have thought CME would start shipping newer stock with it already done.
    I just spoke with their distributor. CME says they are doing modifications and it looks like August when the new units with the mods will be available.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    I just spoke with their distributor. CME says they are doing modifications and it looks like August when the new units with the mods will be available.

Gary
    Hi Gary,

Any chance of getting a group buy for the new CME GPP-3 pedals at that time? Or has that idea (once floated by you) become no longer feasible? I, for one, would be very interested. Probably, others would be, as well.

FWIW, a few months ago, after having installed the GASteinway, I actually ordered one of the pedals from one of the music dealers on the web. When it arrived, however, it proved to be defective, with no midi signal at all being sent from the sustain pedal. So I went ahead and returned it to the company. Turned out to have been their last one in stock. They, like everyone else, have been waiting for new stock to arrive from CME.

If the newer model GPP-3 pedal were available at a good price through this forum, I think I'd prefer to order it that way. Just thought I'd ask ...

Bob V
    Studio V
    McLean, VA

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast