• Register
  • Help

Topic: Who are the best cable companies ???

Share/Bookmark

Who are the best cable companies ???

Hi,

when it comes to purchasing quality cables for your rig, who are the best companies out there for RCA cables and adapters etc???

Musicmad

Re: Who are the best cable companies ???

which country you in?

While I don't specifically know if they do RCA, everything I've heard says that Mogami is the brand of cable that most professional recording studios use.

Monster cables are great. For adaptors, switchcraft have long been respected for their quality.

But I'm dirt poor so I usually buy Radio Shack. Not very reliable.

Gus

Thanks guys, appreciated..

Musicmad

Quote Originally Posted by Gustov Varbirski View Post
    Monster cables are great. For adaptors, switchcraft have long been respected for their quality.

But I'm dirt poor so I usually buy Radio Shack. Not very reliable.

Gus

From what I hear from some extremely gear/recording savvy friends, the verdict is still out on Monster cables. For one, they've got so many different kinds of the same cable (keyboard cables, guitar cables, bass cables, studio) that are all designed for different purposes. These cables are *supposedly* designed to optimize the transmission of certain frequencies.

Many people argue this is undesirable, and that your cable should be as neutral as possible. Monster cable has also come under fire for its high prices. I think there's a pretty good consensus that there are equal quality cables at a much more reasonable price.

This being said, Monster cables are extremely durable. Unlike cheap cables, you will almost certainly never have to replace them.

Buy something that does not fall apart when you put some stress on it. The rest is just marketing hype.
    Best regards,

Little Red King
    http://luridcactus.com/MusicPage.html

There was a discussion recently about cables and coat hangers ---->

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...highlight=coat

Some people swear by Neutrik connectors, but I've found them to be flimsy. I'd take a Switchcraft XLR over a Neutrik any day.

As for RCA and 1/4", I've had good luck with Hosa cables. The important thing with cables and connectors is not only how durable they are, but how well they hold their connection. Beware of budget connectors and cables.

Go Back to forum