• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using GSO & Sonar Metronome

Share/Bookmark

Using GSO & Sonar Metronome

Greetings everyone,
    I am a Sonar 7 Studio user, just started learning GSO.

(1) When using a metronome in Sonar, do you folks use the audio or the midi metronome function? Have you found one to have better timing than the other?

(2) When using GSO in Sonar, I am finding that the Sonar audio metronome volume is significantly louder than the default GSO instrument volumes. By the time I raise my GSO volumes to an acceptable level, the audio metronome is extremely loud. Any thoughts or suggestions here? Other Sonar users experiencing this? Or is just my crazy dysfunction set-up?

Thanks in advance,

n Rob

Re: Using GSO & Sonar Metronome

The usual Windows sounds (e.g. beeps and startup sounds/music) are also way too loud when GSO instruments are at a good useable volume.

I would love to fix this problem, but I don't know where to start. Any ideas folks? I would really appreciate the input? Any audio/computer geeks out there?

Thanks again in advance,

-- Rob

I use the audio metronome. You can adjust the volume of the metronome by lowering the volume setting of the hi and lo ping. By default they are set to 0.0db and -0.5db. Click on the "minus" sign next to adjust lower. I set mine at something like -1.0db and -1.5db respectively.

Hope this is clear.

Steve Winkler

Thanks for the idea Steve.

-- Rob

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    I use the audio metronome. You can adjust the volume of the metronome by lowering the volume setting of the hi and lo ping. By default they are set to 0.0db and -0.5db. Click on the "minus" sign next to adjust lower. I set mine at something like -1.0db and -1.5db respectively.

Hope this is clear.

Steve Winkler

Go Back to forum