• Register
  • Help

Topic: 4.01 a no go (again)

Share/Bookmark

4.01 a no go (again)

Just looking over the diagnostics this seems to stick out.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Process GS4Server.exe: Loading Kernel level drivers ...
    InstallDriver(): Unable to CreateService: The specified service has been marked for deletion.

StartDriver(): StartSevice() failed - The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

StartDriver(): Even though StartSevice() failed, we will continue on as normal
    LoadDeviceDriver(): Able to install and start driver: GS4ENGINE (C:\Program Files\TASCAM\GigaStudio 4\\system\GS4Engine.sys)
    OpenDevice(): Failed to CreateFile with name \\.\GS4ENGINE1
    OpenDevice(): Failed CreateFile with backup name \\.\Global\GS4ENGINE
    SetSecurityLevelForService(): Finished changing security level.
    LoadDeviceDriver(): Able to install and start driver: GS4ENGINE (C:\Program Files\TASCAM\GigaStudio 4\\system\GS4Engine.sys)
    GS4Engine.sys loaded on second iteration.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somethings stopping it. I keep getting "Gigastudio did not start properly. "Do you want to run in "your totally useless software" in diagnostic mode?"

This will probably be the last piece of DAW software I buy again without a trying demo. You can't get your money back if it doesn't work.

There are no signs of midi or audio working. It works in Rewire mode.

I don't think I'll waste my time trying this update on the other machines.

Re: 4.01 a no go (again)

I continue to have the same trouble. The new update didn't help me either. I haven't managed to get any sound out of GS4 at all and this is on a machine where GS3 works perfectly.

I sent my diagnostics to Tascam support. I'll see what they say.
    Will Loconto
    www.WillLoconto.com

Kite,

It sounds like your GSIF drivers aren't running. Does GS3 still work on any of those machines?

And Will, GS3 is *currently* working on your machine?

Odd indeed.

(BTW, this is my 5,000th post. Whee!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst View Post
    I think all my attempts at troubleshooting have broken it all now.
    Will Loconto
    www.WillLoconto.com

Kite,

It sounds like your GSIF drivers aren't running. Does GS3 still work on any of those machines?

Odd indeed.

(BTW, this is my 5,000th post. Whee!!!)
    I have one machine with GS3 that works flawlessly.

The other 2 run GVI.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Loconto View Post
    I continue to have the same trouble. The new update didn't help me either. I haven't managed to get any sound out of GS4 at all and this is on a machine where GS3 works perfectly.

I sent my diagnostics to Tascam support. I'll see what they say.

I feel better that I'm not alone in this. Still it's $200 of product that can't be used.

Kite,

Good suggestion. I tried GS3 on my QC6000, XPSP3, after a few crashes it started to work fine. It seems what kills it (maybe both?) is scanning plugins. It would be nice it there was an option to disable that. I made it scan a dummy folder.

Next is to try the AMD x2 5000, SP3 machine.

GS3 works on all systems.

I may have some luck this time.

I decided to build a AMD Phenom system that is basically part time DAW, more for gaming.

I've got GS4 working so far.

Phenom Quad 9950 Black Edition
    Asus M3N78 Pro
    Terratec EWX 2496
    XP Home Sp2

I believe the installer is corrupt. Somewhere along the line of installing other programs, GS4 looses it's registry settings and clicking on any of GS4 shortcuts it asks for the install disk and removes itself to never work again. My work around has been to click on the GS4.exe in the program files for create a shortcut for it.

I've never come across behavior like that in an app.

My theory of GS and Kontakt conflicting on the same system is now proven wrong. I have them both working.

So I will check and see if XPSP3 is the culprit.

I'm really hoping that the installer is corrupted as someone mention before. I will be getting a replacement disc.

I heard that some Giga products simply did not support SP3 or SP1: just SP2. Does it look like it could be that simple in this case?

Sorry to hear about all your trouble: I'm still running GS 3 myself and I just hope the systems keep running for a while so that I have a long time to gradually migrate to other samplers.

Go Back to forum