• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan 1

Garritan 1

I would like to use the original version of Personal Orchestra. I now have a macBook Leopard 10.5.3. I have Tracktion 3 and don't want to use the Bundled K2 GPO. I have re-installed the original disks and see the VST in the proper folder. However Personal Orchestra does not show up in Tracktion, Garage Band nor Cubase. K2 does show up in Tracktion as to be expected.
    What can I do?

Re: Garritan 1

And if failing to get my original program working is there a way to tweak the old files so they will play on K2?

Kontakt Player 1 does not run on Intel Macs except in emulation mode (Rosetta) and GPO KP1 can not be made to open in Kontakt Player 2. You can, however, open it in Kontakt 2/3, which both run on Intel Macs.

Thanks for your reply. Ok, so I can get Garritan as a standalone through KP1. As I understand it, that is because it is working in Rosetta.

I'm still confused by using KP2 which came with the Tracktion upgrade. I remember somewhere there was a discussion of translating GPO sounds - series 1- for use with KP2. There are a dozen or so sounds that I would like to use. I hesitate to even begin with a KP3 as given the problems with this Tracktion upgrade that it wouldn't work.

Thanks again,

I am not saying, that GPO KP1 "works" in Rosetta. NI doesn't support running legacy non-Intel libraries in Rosetta, which suggests to me, that it may or may not work fully. I am saying, that KP1 can run in Rosetta - you can start the standalone, but how much meaningful you can actually do with it I don't know. It is necessary to run GPO KP1 standalone at least once to authorize the library, and authorization is necessary prior to loading the library in Kontakt, should you wish to do so.

Btw, GPO KP2 contains exactly the same instruments as GPO KP1. And there is no KP3.

Go Back to forum