• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Featured Composer and Composition

Share/Bookmark

Featured Composer and Composition

http://garritan.info

The Garritan Wiki has entered another summer of changes. You may notice a new Main Page, an effort to make the wiki easier to edit, small initiatives to get more activity occuring on the wiki, and two particular boxes on the Main Page.

The two boxes, labeled Featured Composer and Featured Composition, are what I have come here to get help on. I am looking for a Garritan user to feature for the month of July and a composition made with Garritan instruments to feature for the month of July.

Please reply with nominations for featured composer or featured composition. A small description of each will be required. Also, provide a link to the file for featured composition. Since I started this a little on the late side, the last day for entries will be June 30. I'll then allow until July 7th to do the actual voting on the entries.

The featured composition does not have to be composed by the featured composer. Also, please refrain from self-nomination.

Thank you!
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Re: Featured Composer and Composition

I apologize if the page appears a little busy, I'm still working out the kinks and making it cleaner. I may remove those little images just to make the page look simpler.

I'll add the orchestration contest tomorrow, along with previous winners.

If a link is provided to the composer's forum profile or website, I'll link to it. Same thing with the composition's topic in The Listening Room.

I am aware of the the Band-In-A-Box image issue. This is simply because I don't have an image for it.
    Colton J. Provias
    Full-stack Web Developer

There's a Garritan wiki page?! I never knew! well, i guess that's one more site to add to my daily web cycle! Would you like us to simply reply on this topic for the featured composer/composition? Or send a private message, or by some other means?
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

I would prefer posting it as a reply to the topic. Also, it is okay to make multiple entries if you want to. Every month, there will be a new Featured Composer and a new Featured Composition.
    Colton J. Provias
    Full-stack Web Developer

Lot's of talented composers here.

Two of my favorites are Randy Bowser (rbowser) and Karen Peace (KE Peace).

I am particularly fond of Randy's rendition of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" from the 2007 Garritan Christmas CD. Even in June, I can't stop humming the tune!

So sorry to all the other greats that I didn't nominate.
    Best Regards,
    Ernie

I've added Randy and Karen to the nominations page for Featured Composer:

http://garritan.info/index.php/Featu...er_Nominations

I've also placed God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen on the nominations page for Featured Composition:

http://garritan.info/index.php/Featu...on_Nominations

And jjloving, that kind of excuse is called a horrible excuse for laziness. I'll try to locate a picture for it soon and get it cropped down to size and uploaded.
    Colton J. Provias
    Full-stack Web Developer

Man, there are so many to choose from! I'll have to agree with Lunker about Randy Bowser for composer. (Though Karen Peace's compositions are great as well ) As far as best composition? I'm not even going to TRY picking one from the endless list of the Listening room! There's so many great ones to choose from, I don't know where to begin!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

I'd second the nominations of Karen and Randy, and would like to add EtLux and rwayland, who both have very unique, developed styles.
    David

We'll extend the nomination period another couple of weeks. Instead of Featured Composer and Featured Composition starting for July, they will start for August instead. So feel free to continue nominating.

On a side note, the wiki has over 300 registered members and about 3,000 edits since it was created. Not to mention the fact that there are about 865 pages on it (although a lot of those are probably just my little tweaks in the background. There are about 100 legitimate pages that contain actual content.) And with 560+ images, the wiki is still slowly growing. We are always in need of help with the project. If you can, feel free to contribute to the project by editing the wiki!
    Colton J. Provias
    Full-stack Web Developer

Wow, I missed this!

Well, i can't say that i've been really good about listening to everyone here and i agree -- hard choice. But right now -- way late, I'd like to nominate Dave (etLux) Beyond the Event Horizon and Bill (valhalx) Concerto Breve for Violin and Orchestra -- maybe this would be for the next month??

Karen

Go Back to forum