• Register
  • Help

Topic: License question for anyone with GPO and Sib v5+

Share/Bookmark

License question for anyone with GPO and Sib v5+

I have a new computer and I'm trying to get my music programs installed on it. It's a non-networked computer, so the process is um, challenging.

Let's start simple.

1) How do you tell if your Sibelius program is registered? If I start it, it displays my full name and the serial number. After it's running, if I look at the Info tab in the KP2 player, it has question marks for the same info. Or does the player require a separate registration?

2) Do I really have to install both KP2 players? One for Sib and one for GPO? The installers tried to put them in the same directory, but I gave one a new location.

3) If I run NI's Service Center program, it displays the following:

Garritan Garritan Personal Orchestra
    Garritan Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2
    NI KP2 Player

I assume the first is Sib? The second is GPO? What the heck is the third? Remember, this is a brand new computer that has never had anything else installed on it. I do have Sonar 7 installed. And that comes with "Garritan Pocket Orchestra", but that's just soundfonts, right? That wouldn't show up as needing a KP2 player, would it?

Many thanks!!!
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Re: License question for anyone with GPO and Sib v5+

Regarding the last question, the first one would be GPO KP1, the second one clearly GPO KP2, and I don't know what the third is.

I have sib 5 and GPO KP2, but it has been too long since I registered all that for me to remember what all I registered. I can take a look later and see what all it says.

If Sibelius displays your name and serial number upon start up, then it is probably registered. I think you can check under help_about sibelius (or something like that).

Hope this Helps,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by klassical View Post
    1) How do you tell if your Sibelius program is registered? If I start it, it displays my full name and the serial number. After it's running, if I look at the Info tab in the KP2 player, it has question marks for the same info. Or does the player require a separate registration?

2) Do I really have to install both KP2 players? One for Sib and one for GPO? The installers tried to put them in the same directory, but I gave one a new location.

3) If I run NI's Service Center program, it displays the following:

Garritan Garritan Personal Orchestra
    Garritan Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2
    NI KP2 Player

I assume the first is Sib? The second is GPO? What the heck is the third? Remember, this is a brand new computer that has never had anything else installed on it. I do have Sonar 7 installed. And that comes with "Garritan Pocket Orchestra", but that's just soundfonts, right? That wouldn't show up as needing a KP2 player, would it?

Many thanks!!!
    Andy,

If your name and serial number shows up at startup, it is probably registered. You can contact NI to be absolutely sure.

You do need to install both players as installation is needed to authorize each product.

Sharkbat is probably right about the first being Kontakt 1, the second the update to KP2 and the third perhaps a subsequent update to the player. Best to ask NI just to be sure.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Firstly, you don't register the Kontakt Player, you register the Libraries.

With that in mind, when you register Sibelius 5, you also register Sibelius Sound Essentials. Sibelius takes care of the housekeeping here so, SSE won't be listed in the NI service center. Sib 5 does NOT register any version of GPO.

The players for Sib and Garritan are the same, 2.2.4 is the latest.

The third entry, I believe, just means you downloaded a KP2 update.

Go Back to forum