• Register
  • Help

Topic: gs4 quicksound not working

Share/Bookmark

gs4 quicksound not working

Hi, I have just upgraded to gs4 from 3 and the quicksound library does not find all my folders after rebuilding all the library. It seems to vary each time I do it . I have tried local and recursive modes but no difference.Any ideas?

Re: gs4 quicksound not working

Did you use Quick Sound to "Upgrade to GS4 format" globally? If you did you are going to have to reload all your library files. 4.01 took out that "feature" which was a global convert function accidentally left from GS3. The only thing to do (as per Tascam support) is to completely load from scratch all your samples as they are now effectively corrupt
    Christopher Kennedy Alpiar
    Cinematic Composer
    www.alpiar.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlps View Post
    Did you use Quick Sound to "Upgrade to GS4 format" globally? If you did you are going to have to reload all your library files. 4.01 took out that "feature" which was a global convert function accidentally left from GS3. The only thing to do (as per Tascam support) is to completely load from scratch all your samples as they are now effectively corrupt
    no, but I did convert some sounds to gs4 format which then didnt load , so Tascam sent me a fix which works and I can load all the sounds no prob but quicksound doesnt see some and does others . No way of reloading everything too long too many.
    Any other thoughts?

Smile Re: gs4 quicksound not working

Quote Originally Posted by Molecule View Post
    no, but I did convert some sounds to gs4 format which then didnt load , so Tascam sent me a fix which works and I can load all the sounds no prob but quicksound doesnt see some and does others . No way of reloading everything too long too many.
    Any other thoughts?
    Problem solved , updated to 4.01 and voila it's all back

Angry Re: gs4 quicksound not working

Problem solved , updated to 4.01 and voila it's all back
    Oh dear spoke too soon , quite a few files still mssing even non gs4 converted files ie gs 2 or 3 files missing also

Oh dear spoke too soon , quite a few files still mssing even non gs4 converted files ie gs 2 or 3 files missing also
    Haven't tried this myself, but bottom of p. 208, GS4 Manual (pdf download), states correction for "hopelessly confused" QuickSound data base. Not clear whether stated fix applies equally for 32-/64-bit Windows OS's.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlps View Post
    That kind of raises a red flag about testing the product enough before releasing it.

Angry Re: gs4 quicksound not working

Quote Originally Posted by gpo View Post
    Haven't tried this myself, but bottom of p. 208, GS4 Manual (pdf download), states correction for "hopelessly confused" QuickSound data base. Not clear whether stated fix applies equally for 32-/64-bit Windows OS's.
    It says
    If QuickSound is crashing or hopelessly confused, open "C:\Program Files\Tascam\GStudio\bin" and delete
    everything in the folder. Launch QuickSound again and rebuild your database from scratch.

Trouble is there is no such folder !!!!!!

Any other ideas

It says
    If QuickSound is crashing or hopelessly confused, open "C:\Program Files\Tascam\GStudio\bin" and delete
    everything in the folder. Launch QuickSound again and rebuild your database from scratch.

Trouble is there is no such folder !!!!!!

Any other ideas

Check your folder options->"view"->"hidden files and folders"

Maybe this folder is hidden.
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Quote Originally Posted by Przemek K. View Post
    Check your folder options->"view"->"hidden files and folders"

Maybe this folder is hidden.
    Sadly that's not it I still can't find it

Go Back to forum