• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gold Bundle vs. Gold Complete

Share/Bookmark

Gold Bundle vs. Gold Complete

I've often wished I had the EWQLSO Gold Bundle (can't afford Platinum), but haven't been tracking it for awhile. Now I see that I have an upgrade path to "Gold Complete with Play" out July 15th.

I understand that Play is a new sample player, but are the instruments, articulations, and quality in Complete the same as in the Gold Bundle, or are they new and different?

I should have been able to research this, but the answer didn't jump out at me. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Carl

Re: Gold Bundle vs. Gold Complete

Carl, in brief, the articulations are the same, the overall sounds are "supposed" to be improved in the new engine, and there are supposedly some new scripts, and convolution reverb is included. The actual samples are the same, but in a new format.

I would suggest checking out "the other forum" if you wish to do more detailed research.

I have asked this on the ~~~~~~~~~~~~ forum ... but why have they added a reverb engine to a sample library that has the hall sound inherently in all the samples anyway.

And the impulses, are from the original environment too ...

www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Buchan View Post
    I have asked this on the ~~~~~~~~~~~~ forum ... but why have they added a reverb engine to a sample library that has the hall sound inherently in all the samples anyway.

And the impulses, are from the original environment too ...

Can you use the impules on samples/audio that is not in Play? I could see it being a huge benefit if you want to use non-EWQLSO samples/audio along with SO.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Thanks Noldar 12. Yes, I think you have pretty well nailed it.

I went to the "other forum" for added info. This site here has always been my choice. Too bad those "other" guys split off.

This is a fab forum, although some of the best contributors have disappeared- guys like Bruce Richardson, KingIdiot, ThomasJ, and the like.

Carl

Go Back to forum