• Register
  • Help

Topic: What about Gigasampler 2.0 ???

Share/Bookmark

Re: What about Gigasampler 2.0 ???

Maybe Gigastudio IS Gigasampler 2.0, and you are required to pay 150 USD for the update (a very reasonable amount of money if you consider the extra features of Gigastudio). Maybe they decided to call it Gigastudio for marketing reasons (a new product called Gigastudio has a greater impact than the release of version 2.0 of an already existing product called Gigasampler).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Nice to hear, that Gigastudio is now the ultimate and everybody is greedy to put his name on a list without knowing what they will be getting....
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh? What do you mean? I know what I\'ll be getting, since it is spelled out, in detail at the Nemesys web site. Check it out for the details.

Lawrence

What about Gigasampler 2.0 ???

Nice to hear, that Gigastudio is now the ultimate and everybody is greedy to put his name on a list without knowing what they will be getting....

This is just to remember that there are still some heavy bugs and missing basic features in Gigasampler (just to mention \"bank switching\"...).

Nice to hear, that Gigastudio has solved all this.

It would be MUCH NICER to hear, when Nemesys are listening to their existing customers and tell\'em when V2 can be expected!

Has anyone heard anything or any comments or am I the only one out here to ask Nemesys for some bugfixing ?

Horst.

I would like an update to my giga LE that I paid $150 for. At this point, I don\'t need gigastudio, and I don\'t have the money anyway. LE is ok for now, but it has bugs, and there are obvious enhancements needed.
    the one mentioned above comes to mind.

could someone from nemesys tell me if there will EVER be an update to regular ol\' gigasampler users that doesn\'t cost money?

or are these products being abandoned?

I believe that Nemesys intends for GigaStudio to be a major upgrade for GigaSampler. I just received a CD with the GM500 samples which refers to Gigasampler V1.6 and GigaStudio V2.0.

BTW, it is not at all unusual for software companies to charge users for major upgrades. From what I can tell, the new features in GigaStudio will be well worth the $149 upgrade fee.

I do hope that GigaStudio 96, like Gigasampler LE, is not copy-protected. I\'m not advocating theft, just that copy protection is a hassle for legitimate end users.

jpH,

Could you comment on the GM500. Is it what is promised?

Go Back to forum