• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking For Comments Before Finalizing Mix On New Piece

Share/Bookmark

Looking For Comments Before Finalizing Mix On New Piece

Hello, everyone. I just finished a (close to final?) mix of a new instrumental progressive electronic rock piece. As usual, it took over a half year to do it (pretty ridiculous, huh?)

I am looking to see if anyone has any comments.

The name of the piece is: Harmonic Propulsion

Here is the link: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness

Thank you for any comments you may have.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Re: Looking For Comments Before Finalizing Mix On New Piece

Hi Jeff!
    I think that the piece rocks! I really like it! I can't think of anything else to say as far as a critique. Thanks for sharing!
    Take Care,
    Steph

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro View Post
    Hi Jeff!
    I think that the piece rocks! I really like it! I can't think of anything else to say as far as a critique. Thanks for sharing!
    Take Care,
    Steph
    Thank you, Steph. I thought I had got the mix pretty good, but it is always a good thing to get some feedback from some people with good ears, like the people here.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

New version up with slight changes in the mix. I brought up the direct drum mics relative to the overheads and room mics, raised the guitar swells relative to the chime sounds, raised the hi hats a little, and some other minor tweaks.

I will have someone else do the mastering on the full wave.

jeffn1

The (I think) final mastered version of Harmonic Propulsion is up at my soundclick.com page: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness

Any comments are welcome.

jeffn1

Go Back to forum