• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chicken for dinner?

Share/Bookmark

Chicken for dinner?

I am thinking about purchasing Chicken Systems Translator but have a couple of questions. Will it allow my standard PC CD drives to read other formats? I notice my Roland sample ROM\'s are not recognized by my PC at this time. Also, does anyone sell the full version? I noticed the Giga specific version on sale here but would prefer the full version so I can translate between Roland and E-mu.

Robert

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Chicken for dinner?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rabid:
    I am thinking about purchasing Chicken Systems Translator but have a couple of questions. Will it allow my standard PC CD drives to read other formats? I notice my Roland sample ROM\'s are not recognized by my PC at this time. Also, does anyone sell the full version? I noticed the Giga specific version on sale here but would prefer the full version so I can translate between Roland and E-mu.

Robert
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Robert,

I believe Garth sells the full version at his site, and perhaps at other outlets. I can\'t vouch for translations TO other formats, I always go from other formats to Giga.

Yes, you are correct in assuming Translator allows your CD drives to read discs formatted for the various sampler types. It detects (and I assume, takes over the administration of) your CD drive as it boots up.

Perhaps Garth could pick up on this thread and help you further. Also, you should send an email to them. They are extremely responsive, and this is one of the most often updated products I\'ve ever owned. The translations continue to get better and better. I just RE-translated Symphony of Voices and Vocal Planet, and they both improved dramatically as a result.

Boy, by the way, those are both killer libraries. There should be a monument built in honor of Eric Persing.

Hello Robert,

Yes, Chicken System Translator does read CD\'s of all sampler formats in the CD drive of a PC.

You can go to www.chickensys.com and get all of the information on this wonderful software, in addition to placing an order.

Kip
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

I just converted SOV via the Chicken as well.
    SOV, is a monster.

Go Back to forum