• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pedal down only samples?

Share/Bookmark

Pedal down only samples?

How do you make a piano sample run on pedal down only samples?

J.G.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Pedal down only samples?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by john g:
    How do you make a piano sample run on pedal down only samples?

J.G.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi John,

There may be a faster way via copy and paste, but basically you\'ll want to just open the editor and substitute the recorded pedal-down samples into both of the pedal-state dimensions (instead of pedal-up in one, and pedal-down in the other).

You\'ll probably also have to tweak release triggers after you do it, since the amplitudes and timbres of the pedal down samples may affect the balance.

THanks, Bruce. I\'ll give it a go.

John

Hi John,
    You can erase the dimension \"Sustain pedal\". The program then no longer switches when the sustain pedal is used.
    Go into the editor, select all the regions at once. Then go to the little triangle in the dimensions section, and click there. Select none for dimension controler and the dimension will be erased. The dialog box asks you which voices it should apply to (upper or lower state, select the right one) and press apply. You have to save the gig to hear the result (full save).

Thanks Michiel,

Except, wouldn\'t I want to KEEP the sustain pedal dimensions and erase the others? (Since it\'s the only the sustain samples sounds I want--just want to hear the difference.)

J.G.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by john g:
    Thanks Michiel,

Except, wouldn\'t I want to KEEP the sustain pedal dimensions and erase the others? (Since it\'s the only the sustain samples sounds I want--just want to hear the difference.)

J.G.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi John,

I can explain what he\'s saying. When you delete the sustain dimension, just make sure you\'ve told it to \"trash\" the lower (pedal up) part of the dimension. Then, the pedal-down samples will be the only ones left mapped.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce. I\'m becoming the resident technopeasant. Or I maybe I\'m just having one big, long senior\'s moment.

J.G.

Thanks Bruce for making my remarks clear.

John, you prove you\'re never too old to learn! Good luck!
    Michiel Post

Well, 48 to be honest. (But I can still do handstands.) There gotta be folks older than I am here.

J.G.

Well, 48 to be honest. (But I can still do handstands.) There gotta be folks older than I am here.

J.G.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha. No wonder you use that blurry picture, grandpa.

Bruce (43 and catching up to you fast)

Go Back to forum