• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar slowing down system clock

Share/Bookmark

Sonar slowing down system clock

I\'m still trouble shooting this to find the culprit, but has anyone noticed Sonar slowing down their system clock? I have a moderate project open with midi only. It\'s not just the program itself running, or even just running with Gigastudio, but only under this particular project. If I let it sit for awhile or continue working it loses about 1 second out of every minute which can really mess you up when trying to compose for a pre-determined time. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Sonar slowing down system clock

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by timzydee:
    I\'m still trouble shooting this to find the culprit, but has anyone noticed Sonar slowing down their system clock? I have a moderate project open with midi only. It\'s not just the program itself running, or even just running with Gigastudio, but only under this particular project. If I let it sit for awhile or continue working it loses about 1 second out of every minute which can really mess you up when trying to compose for a pre-determined time. Any help would be great. Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I haven\'t noticed this phenomenon, FWIW, and I\'ve been doing time intensive stuff all week. Sorry I can\'t help. Have you tried the SONAR newsgroup? That is a very active community with a lot of well-informed users. If anyone knows of the issue, you\'ll find it there.

Bruce

I never use the supplied effects within GS because they cause so much lag and latency. For me it is easier to record the parts to HD, then use Sonar or SoundForge to add effects later.

Robert

The problem was actually in Gigastudio and possibly unique to v2.5. I had several effects assigned that caused the CPU indicator to shoot up to 65%. When I deactivated some of them I got my timing back in Sonar.

Go Back to forum