• Register
  • Help

Topic: Pop

Hi again. I've posted one of these tracks before but I've done a bit of work on them since that.
    The first song, Faith in Aeroplanes, doesn't feature GPO at all, but the other 3 do. I'd really welcome any feedback you can give me about the arrangements. And the overall production too, not just specific to the GPO parts.
    Thanking you in advance

Re: Pop

Your vocals and chord progressions remind me of Radiohead a bit. For me that's a good thing!

As far as sound production; your recordings sound fine to me; very balanced, maybe a "bit" more "wet" on the vocals and pushed back a "tad".

And on the first track, the guitar sounded a "bit" "out of tune" ... but not by much.

Do you guys perform live?

The only thing some what "negative" I could say while listening to all the songs is: your vocals seem to stay close to one specific "register" and the vocal lines seem to "bend and twist" at the same points. A very minor thing though; you definitely have your own "style" and I'm sure a good "following".

Maybe just mixed things up a "bit".

Greatly liked the "brass works" in the last song. Nice vocal sustains over the progressions on guitar.

Very impressive! and much enjoyed!

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Smile Re: Pop

Thanks Michael. The vocal mix is a subject of heated debate between me and the singer! I want more compression and verb, but in a way he's talked me round to his POV.
    That brass section on the last song is not Garritan, but the strings and offbeat tuba are.

As for playing live, no! I live in the UK, my creative partner in Southern Turkey and we recorded these tracks by emailing each other ogg files. We did play in a band together for years in Bristol, but have only actually been in the same room once in the last 3 or 4 years. We don't even phone each other.

The comparison with Radiohead is fine by me

Re: Pop

A pleasing change of pace -- and a welcome one, in that
    the quality of these is quite, quite good!

There's a consistency of sound and style to these, too;
    something too often lacking in popular work, where
    filling up time seems more the point than creating an
    artistically satisfying result.

Looking forward to hearing more!

My best,

Go Back to forum