• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Topic: Beauty Awaits

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Beauty Awaits

    Hi Everyone!

    Here's a piece that I'd like to share. Thank you so much for listening!!

    http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepraycomposer

    EDIT: There seems to be an problem with streaming on myspace, so let's try this link instead...thanks!!

    http://www.northernsounds.net/play.p...=5&song_id=338


    Take Care,
    Steph

  2. #2

    Re: Beauty Awaits

    Steph, this is very pretty. It's quite sad, actually (so does that mean piano is a sad instrument? )

    The only thing I might suggest is being carful about making phrases a tiny bit too square... I notice that (at least for me) as the music advanced I became too "aware" of the relatively square nature of the phrases. I few more overlapping phrases and irregular phrase langth would help a great deal.

  3. #3

    Re: Beauty Awaits

    Steph - that is a wonderful mood piece, delicate and gossamer. You always know how to capture the heart. It would make a wonderul orchetral piece, but the piano makes it hauntingly beautiful. I always look forward to hearing your music. Thanks for sharing a part of yourself here, it is wonderful!

    Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

    Challenge #10 Winner

  4. #4

    Re: Beauty Awaits

    WOW Steph

    This really is hauntingly beautiful.

    And that nice surprise - where I thought the piece was done. Well done.

    Keep 'em coming. You have a lot of music in you yet.


    Best

    Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

    My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com


  5. #5

    Re: Beauty Awaits

    Hi Steph,

    Your piece has that special feel about it which comes from those intimate moments a composer spends at the piano/keyboard and just lets the music stream out!



    I enjoyed the beauty of your music and your playing!

    Do post more often!



    Yudit

  6. #6

    Re: Beauty Awaits

    Very nice Steph. Seems like the old adage of experiencing
    emotion makes one better at "writing" about it. Beautiful
    piece and nice piano.

    After hearing this composition, I am convinced that it should
    have orchestra applied. So many places for orchestral entrance
    (with piano accompaniment). It's OK without orchestra, but I
    think additional instruments would enhance its beauty.

    Many composers write at the piano (not just two staves, but
    3 or 4 to list suggested orchestral passages, a la Copland), but it doesn't
    have to stop there.

    Good to hear from you, Steph.

    Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member valhalx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Wine Country, Colorado
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Beauty Awaits

    Hi Steph. Wowzer! You never disappoint. This is wonderful and melancholy. I enjoyed this very much especially the conclusion. Nice harmonies.

    Best,

    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

    My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

  8. #8
    Senior Member bigears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: Beauty Awaits

    Hello, Stephanie, I listened to your piece early this morning and didn't have time to post anything, and now I see it has proven worthy of many positive comments. I agree with everyone, it is a very beautiful, emotional work and I could definitely hear it as an orchestrated piece. Maybe after the "false" ending. I also looped the other two pieces on your page and listened to them. Wow, lots of emotion and power in those pieces! I really liked the last one, the melody reminded me of a Celtic type folk song. It good to hear your work back in the listening room! Best Regards, John

  9. #9

    Re: Beauty Awaits

    Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    Steph, this is very pretty. It's quite sad, actually (so does that mean piano is a sad instrument? )

    The only thing I might suggest is being carful about making phrases a tiny bit too square... I notice that (at least for me) as the music advanced I became too "aware" of the relatively square nature of the phrases. I few more overlapping phrases and irregular phrase langth would help a great deal.
    Hi qccowboy!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to listen and comment on my piece. Thank you for the comments! (Yes, I do believe that a piano can be sad ) I will say that I am surprised that so many say the song is sad. It's not meant to be sad It's actually about something happy, but about the boredom and anxiousness that comes from waiting (among other things) It's interesting to see how pieces are interpreted. Thank you so very much!
    Take Care,
    Steph


    Quote Originally Posted by wrayer View Post
    Steph - that is a wonderful mood piece, delicate and gossamer. You always know how to capture the heart. It would make a wonderul orchetral piece, but the piano makes it hauntingly beautiful. I always look forward to hearing your music. Thanks for sharing a part of yourself here, it is wonderful!

    Bill
    Hi Bill!!
    Thank you so much for your compliments!! It's so good to hear from you and I hope that all is well I have been considering orchestrating the piece, but haven't done so yet. I'm sure that I probably will. I wanted to use the Grofriller Cello and the Strad, so it may take me a while but I know that it will be worth it if I do it that way. I'm also torn, because I do like it as a solo piece too...decisions, decisions... Thank you again!!
    Take Care,
    Steph


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry W. View Post
    WOW Steph

    This really is hauntingly beautiful.

    And that nice surprise - where I thought the piece was done. Well done.

    Keep 'em coming. You have a lot of music in you yet.


    Best

    Jerry

    Hi Jerry!
    It's great to see you around again!!! I've missed you!!! Thank you for listening to the piece and for the kindness. I'll do my best to continue writing! I hope that you do too!! I'll talk to you soon!
    Take Care,
    Steph


    Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    Hi Steph,

    Your piece has that special feel about it which comes from those intimate moments a composer spends at the piano/keyboard and just lets the music stream out!



    I enjoyed the beauty of your music and your playing!

    Do post more often!



    Yudit
    Hi Yudit!
    Thank you so much for listening and for commenting!! I think that you figured me out!! This piece was done in one take, just a few minutes during a quiet time and I played what I felt. I did do a little editing in the piano roll, because when I play, sometimes I get too loud or play too many notes... but, it is all pure emotion. Thank you so much for the encouragement and for the kindness!!
    Take Care,
    Steph


    Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    Very nice Steph. Seems like the old adage of experiencing
    emotion makes one better at "writing" about it. Beautiful
    piece and nice piano.

    After hearing this composition, I am convinced that it should
    have orchestra applied. So many places for orchestral entrance
    (with piano accompaniment). It's OK without orchestra, but I
    think additional instruments would enhance its beauty.

    Many composers write at the piano (not just two staves, but
    3 or 4 to list suggested orchestral passages, a la Copland), but it doesn't
    have to stop there.

    Good to hear from you, Steph.

    Jack
    Hi Jack!
    It's great to hear from you too!! Thank you so much for your compliments and suggestions! I really have considered orchestrating it, I think that now I have no choice!! I hope that you have been well!
    Thanks again!!
    Take Care,
    Steph


    Quote Originally Posted by valhalx View Post
    Hi Steph. Wowzer! You never disappoint. This is wonderful and melancholy. I enjoyed this very much especially the conclusion. Nice harmonies.

    Best,

    Bill
    Hi Bill!! I hope that you've been well and that everything is great back there in Colorado!! Thank you so very much for listening and for the kindness!! It always means a lot to me Thank you so much and please take care!!
    Steph


    Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Hello, Stephanie, I listened to your piece early this morning and didn't have time to post anything, and now I see it has proven worthy of many positive comments. I agree with everyone, it is a very beautiful, emotional work and I could definitely hear it as an orchestrated piece. Maybe after the "false" ending. I also looped the other two pieces on your page and listened to them. Wow, lots of emotion and power in those pieces! I really liked the last one, the melody reminded me of a Celtic type folk song. It good to hear your work back in the listening room! Best Regards, John
    Hi John! Thank you so much for listening to this piece and the others too. Thank you for the compliments!! You're so kind!! It seems that it's nearly unanimous - I must orchestrate it Thank you so much for your compliments on my other pieces as well. Thanks again!!
    Take Care,
    Steph

  10. #10

    Re: Beauty Awaits

    Last night I received a PM from jmpaquette that was so thoughtful and kind, I wish to send a thank you to him publicly, if you'll allow me.

    Joe, Thank you for always being so supportive and encouraging, not only to me but to the others on the forum. It's always nice to hear from you as you are very kind, thoughtful, full of knowledge, and are just a pleasure to talk to. Please accept my thanks for everything. Thanks for being a great friend!!

    Take Care,
    Steph

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •