• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: When there was water on the Earth(piano solo)

Share/Bookmark

When there was water on the Earth(piano solo)

This is a piano solo tune called "When there was water on the Earth" written in 1998.

Originally performed by Roland SC-88VL. Today, I re-rendered it with GPO Steinway with SIR 1011 reverb.

Any input will be appreciated.

http://jun.music.coocan.jp/music/water-gpo.mp3

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Re: When there was water on the Earth(piano solo)

Jun, Some of those old Roland piano pre-sets sound pretty good, but I like this better, I think you have dialed in the reverb just right on this. I admire your writing and playing skills! よく焼けた! John

Jun,

Lovely work, very sensitive and fulfilling. The piano rendering is really first class.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Jun, Some of those old Roland piano pre-sets sound pretty good, but I like this better, I think you have dialed in the reverb just right on this. I admire your writing and playing skills! よく焼けた! John
    John, thank you very much for your kind comment. Really Roland SC's were (are) easy-to-use good sound modules and sounded better before GPO.

I am glad that you like the reverb.

By the way, what do you mean by よく焼けた? Straight translation is "well burned". Is this a jargon in the music industry?
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric View Post
    Jun,

Lovely work, very sensitive and fulfilling. The piano rendering is really first class.
    Thank you very much, Gary, for your kind comment.

The tune is about a person (or any creature) who is looking at the Earth dried out by an ultimate disaster such as a space war remembering the time when there was water on the Earth.
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Jun, I used an online English/Japanese translator and asked for the translation for "well done", which is what I got, I guess. Maybe I should have asked it to translate "rare". Anyway, I enjoyed your song very much and it was indeed, well done (although you were burning up the keys in a few places) John

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Jun, I used an online English/Japanese translator and asked for the translation for "well done", which is what I got, I guess.
    Now I understand why it was "well burned". I think the translator has a good sense of humor. Definitely it interpreted "well done" as the way of cooking for meat.

I tried Free Online Translator with よくできました equivalent of "well done" in Japanese, and the result was "It could make good". Still the technology needs some brush up, I guess.
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Hi Jun,

I was very much drawn in by the pop-style harmonic/melodic structure of this, yet you managed to imbue this lovely piece with a good deal of your pianistic chops -- compositionally and from a performance point of view.

Thoroughly enjoyable and beautifully done!

Danny

Well, Jun, you write such beautiful music that it pains me to say I can not hear this one, because when I click on the link, I am immediately referred to Quick Time, which I don't have on my system because it is too intrusive, and one more think to keep up to date. Is there another version on your site that has the playback device optional?

Richard

I truly enjoyed listening to this. Such a haunting melody and decorated which such marvelous piano technigue. Isn't the steinway a marvelous instrument? And I mean both the real steinway and the marvelous Garritan sample of it. I own the real steinway and as yet have not been able to get the Garritan version.

I guess the real version will have to suffice. It's only a studio B piano but it is marvelous when played well. Your piece would sound lovely on that piano! (of course you would have to come over and play it!)

Thanks for sharing it.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast