• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help a Muddled Moderator out--Finale users?

Share/Bookmark

Help a Muddled Moderator out--Finale users?

This should really be in a different Forum - It's a plea for tech help.

I'm arranging the score for a stage show in Sibelius, and have been given a disc of Finale files which would be a Huge help to me as starting points.

If these Finale files could be Saved As XML files, then I could bring them into Sibelius without having to scan in or otherwise input the basic piano score - these files should be the piano/vocals for the songs in the show I'm scoring.

FINAAAaaaaale users--Could one of you please contact me via the email under my name in this post, if you had a little bit of time you could give to the conversion process? It would be Supremely appreciated.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Re: Help a Muddled Moderator out--Finale users?

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    This should really be in a different Forum - It's a plea for tech help.

I'm arranging the score for a stage show in Sibelius, and have been given a disc of Finale files which would be a Huge help to me as starting points.

If these Finale files could be Saved As XML files, then I could bring them into Sibelius without having to scan in or otherwise input the basic piano score - these files should be the piano/vocals for the songs in the show I'm scoring.

FINAAAaaaaale users--Could one of you please contact me via the email under my name in this post, if you had a little bit of time you could give to the conversion process? It would be Supremely appreciated.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Harmony Assistant can import finale files, and export to MusicXML. The unregistered version allows you to do several things, (i dont remember but) maybe you can try if this operation is allowed? Just to do somethine while waiting some help
    Marcelo Colina

Just emailed you - I have Finale and could do that for you.

Charles
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

This community is so great. A bunch of you wrote directly to me, and so quickly!---It's all in process and should work out fine.

Marce---Neat info, that Harmony Assistant could do the job. I thought I had that program, but actually it's the smaller Melody Assistant I use. I set that up last year when I was helping Yudit out. But as it turns out, this version doesn't import Finale .mus files.

Don't worry---if I need more help, I sure know where to go!

Randy B.

Go Back to forum