• Register
  • Help

Topic: Woodwind Trio

Share/Bookmark

Woodwind Trio

Here's a little piece that I worked on last summer and haven't really done much with since, haha. Some of the levels are off, but I really like the way this recording sounds. The recording was made with Finale 2006 and the included GPO sounds. I'm still trying to achieve the same sound in Finale 2008 with the full version of GPO that I've purchased since then, haha.

This piece is not a proper woodwind trio, it features a chamber ensemble of instruments, but the file needed a name, so I named it in respect to the three woodwind instruments that are really central in the piece. I plan to add more, and maybe even work on some other movements. I hope you enjoy!

Scored for Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Two Violins, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, and Harp.

Woodwind Trio:
    http://www.box.net/shared/xob3blz408

Any comments and criticism are greatly accepted and appreciated!

Re: Woodwind Trio

I just listened to your woodwind ensemble and I agree that Finale is sounding good on this. I enjoyed the quiet mood of the piece and felt like it was setting up another movement or development. Thanks for sharing, John

Nice, serene work. I didn't notice that it kept returning
    to the beginning with little pause. I assumed it was
    a Theme & Variation.....
    I would like to hear some part where all 3 winds
    play together. Just an observation.
    Enjoyed listening.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    I just listened to your woodwind ensemble and I agree that Finale is sounding good on this. I enjoyed the quiet mood of the piece and felt like it was setting up another movement or development. Thanks for sharing, John
    Thank you very much for taking the time to listen! I really love Finale 2008's HP, but in this case 2006 really did something unique with the playback. I'll have to go back to 2006 under XP to get the recording when I finish.

Thank you for your comment about the mood of the piece. I look forward to finishing this movement and working on ideas for further movements.

Quote Originally Posted by garymosse View Post
    Nice, serene work. I didn't notice that it kept returning
    to the beginning with little pause. I assumed it was
    a Theme & Variation.....
    I would like to hear some part where all 3 winds
    play together. Just an observation.
    Enjoyed listening.
    Gary
    Thank you for listening! It is a short piece as it stands, isn't it? Haha. Your idea about having the three winds play together sounds really good. I ended the piece there because I ran out of creative ideas for it to go any further. Your idea sounds like a really great idea to move the piece forward.

Thank you both very much for your comments. May God bless you!

This sounds like a great start to something more! As others have mentioned, very tranquil, very serene... and very musical. It begs for more from the composer!
    Danny

A very beautiful work, SC, in its pacific, flowing sentiments.
    I was impressed with the fullness and depth you achieved
    with the writing, especially the latter parts. Well done!

With Danny, I'd very much enjoy hearing you take this
    further. This seems almost preludial, introductory, as
    though inviting one forward to another movement...

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

SC

I also hope you expand upon this. There are many small chamber orchestras out there that I am sure would love to try this one on.

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Yes, this piece definitely is the intro to something more. It sets a very serene mood. I like the tender quality you have with each of the voices. This may be part of a larger orchestral work. You have succeeded well with Finale 2006 - this is a very nice rendition. I would love to hear more.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Nothing to criticize here!

Very beautiful and peaceful work. It develops very slowly dynamically adding much fullness of sound. Also enjoyed how the harp is not over used and takes more of a supportive role outlining your wonderful chord structures.

Great work!

M
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Go Back to forum