• Register
  • Help

Topic: H A R M O N I C A

Share/Bookmark

H A R M O N I C A

Is there anybody thinking about makeing a Harmonica sample library ?

I don`t know why anybody haven`t yet come up with a decent library for this beautiful sounding instrument. Maybe it`s too difficult regarding articulations and so..
    Maybe the demand isn`t there, i don`t know.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in great Harmonica music i suggest you take a look at http://www.sigmundgroven.com. and maby download a couple of demo`s.

------------------
    ......... regards

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: H A R M O N I C A

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MUSICMAN:
    Is there anybody thinking about makeing a Harmonica sample library ?

I don`t know why anybody haven`t yet come up with a decent library for this beautiful sounding instrument. Maybe it`s too difficult regarding articulations and so..
    Maybe the demand isn`t there, i don`t know.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in great Harmonica music i suggest you take a look at http://www.sigmundgroven.com. and maby download a couple of demo`s.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be a huge task to cover the range of harmonica expression for sure.

Danny Lux has a GREAT blues phrase library called Harmonica Essentials. Excellent quality with both dry and nicely \"hairy\" amp-ed samples. It is actually quite playable in realtime and fun to use on live gigs. For pop applications it is really a valuable tool and very reasonably priced.

Re: H A R M O N I C A

I\'ve actually gotten some great Blues Harp Results lately with my XP-30

Some patches have a really inspired deisgn with Filter and volume and pitch settings.

Too bad the samples are stretched so far. If someone would take some of the design ideas in a few of these patches and expand on them with sampling and keyswitches I could see a VERY playable Harmoinca (atleast blues harp) instrument.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum