• Register
  • Help

Topic: Upgrade to Kontakt Player V2 - what's the trick?

Share/Bookmark

Upgrade to Kontakt Player V2 - what's the trick?

I've just built a new machine and am trying to get JABB re-installed and running in Sonar 7. According to NI's website, I'm registered and authorized with both the original JABB and the KP2 update, which I've also installed. However, the player can't find the instruments library, and when I try to Load a preset from within KP2, JABB locks up, as does Sonar.

What's the procedure for getting KP2 to recognize the instrument library from the original install of JABB?

Thanks.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

Re: Upgrade to Kontakt Player V2 - what's the trick?

Hi Paul,

You need two separate 'Library' folders: one for KP1 and one for KP2. You can use the INFO tool in KP2 and the options menu in KP1 to specify these. Is KP2 functioning properly? If so, you only need to worry about KP1. To make your KP1 folder, copy the monoliths from KP2's library folder (the big files with the .nks extension) to a new folder named JABB KP1. Then, find your installation disc and copy the Instruments and Multis folders into the newly-created JABB KP1 folder.* These instrument loading files were overwritten in the upgrade process, and you'll need to originals for them to run in KP1. Once you've done the copying, start JABB KP1 and reset your library path.

*Offhand I think the instruments and multis folders are sitting on the DVD. If they're not, you'll need to uninstall both KP1 and KP2, reinstall KP1, make a copy of your Library folder and set KP1's lib path to this copy, and then install KP2.

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

Thanks, Reegs.

However, my problem is not as you've described. KP1 seems to work, it loads and I can load sounds into it, although I can't get any sound out of it. MIDI is registered on the meter going into Sonar, and the tracks are routed properly, but the Audio track of KP1 isn't seeing any audio from KP1. I don't know if that's something wrong within KP1 or within Sonar.

KP2 opens in the synth rack, but I can't load any sounds into it from the KP1 library files. It says that the .nki format is not recognized for KP2. Since I can't load anything into it, I can't verify that it is or is not behaving properly otherwise.

All I want to end up with is a single installation of JABB with KP2 so that I can use it in Sonar 7 and Sibelius 5. The ARIA conversion can't get here soon enough!
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

I should also mention that all other VSTi's are working normally, although none of them are KP1 or 2 based. This would indicate an issue with KP's only and not Sonar.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as a standalone and still get no MIDI or audio. In Sonar as a VSTi, I at least get MIDI input.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

Go Back to forum