• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Has Silvestri used muted Strings in Forrest Gump?

Share/Bookmark

Has Silvestri used muted Strings in Forrest Gump?

Hello,
    in his music of "Forrest Gump" - has Alan Silvestri used muted Strings like in the "Feather Theme" or in "I Had a Destiny"? If so, then VSL Appassionta Strings II would be the right choice to approximate the sound?

Regards,
    Metuschelach

Re: Has Silvestri used muted Strings in Forrest Gump?

Yes he does, and that's actually a great example of the AppassII strings. Especially if you use the 4-velocity-layer patch on it's most quiet layer. They're really, really sweet strings, and you can further temper them by bringing down the FILTER fader in the VI player.

Kerry
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

Favor to ask

Thanks Kerry for sharing. No a favor to ask, is it possible for someone to post a short piece of music to get an idea of the very low piano layer of Apass. II?

Here's arr I did a couple weeks ago where I used Apass II. Maybe a different context than what you're after, but still another thing to hear with these strings.
    Here's a groovy '60's bossa nova for ya..

http://www.bellmusicproductions.com/...omanystars.mp3

linwood, that's beautiful!!

Thanks much, freak!

Freak - nice tune, but if your asking - which you are not - the orch is stepping on that nice vocal. Put her in your listener's lap - especially on these sexy little tunes.

Again nice work.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Hi Rob, that's not mixed yet. That's the two track I bounced for her to cut to. I've got a couple more on my plate to do before I open up the full mix and tweak. There's a few things I'll change when I get there. She sounds nice. That's her first take, btw.

How's Your Knee ?

Let me know when you want to hear Solaris. BETA 5.0.8 is smokin'.

JV

You got the hardware? Whoa...I'm afraid to see it. It could make me throw rocks at my om8. I don't want that. As soon as I see it, I know I'm gonna jones, plus I really need an unweighted keyboard in here.

The knee(s)...the right one is good, but I tore the meniscus in the left one and it's hurting pretty good now. Huge golf ball sized lump on the inside of that knee which looks really good in my shorts. You couple that with my bald head and I'm a dream date out at the pool. I need to go get that one scoped this summer. I keep putting it off. I kind of sick of doctors.

Go Back to forum