• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chris Hein Guitars - help

Share/Bookmark

Chris Hein Guitars - help

Everyone,

I bought the Chris Hein Guitars sometime ago, and although I really like the sound quality of the library, I have not been able to get it to play very well in my PC. I have pretty powerful pentium dual core 2.66 ghz machine by VisionDAW, so power shouldn't be the issue. I typically try to run it within VStack. I just get an interupted, hiccuppy performance out of it everytime, even if loading one program by itself.

Is there a buffer setting issue with CHG, or something I'm not aware of?

I'm able to load Lyric Distortion, or the Prominy Guitars, which are huge as well, and play them with no problem with my current settings.

Any input is much appreciated.

Mr. A.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Re: Chris Hein Guitars - help

Have you tried running it in standalone (outside of VStack) to make sure it's not a host issue?

Also, make sure that you have the CHG updates applied. The library makes heavy use of Kontakt scripting and when I first installed it I was having weird issues like you're describing. Once I installed the update (which I think was mostly scripting related) those problems disappeared.

Thanks for your reply. I was wondering about updates, but can't find them on the website. It says "coming soon" when I click on the updates page.

Is there another place where they can be found?

Thanks,

Mr. A.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

It's been a while since I installed it but I think the update was on DVD 4. If you haven't ever installed an update then that's most likely your problem.

Mr. A, sorry to hear that.

Your computer if fine, somethng must be wrong with the setup.

- Disc 4 is a selfburned DVD which is renewed every 50 copies
    to always have the latest version of the Player and instruments.
    The update of the instruments has some minor bud-fixes, no major scripting changes.
    You should replace the .nki files from the installed version with the ones from DVD
    But I don't think that fixes your problem.
    - Do you load the instrumnts in Kontakt or Kontakt Player?
    - Which verson of both are you using? Everything since 2.3 should work fine.
    - Its always a good idea to load one of the instruments in KP2 in standalone mode
    and compare the performance with the plugin version.
    Thats to find out if its the computer performance or something in the plugin settings.
    - Is there a differnece between the light and full version?

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

It seems you have to update the Kontakt player 2. The latest version is 2.2.4.1
    and you have to download it from Native instruments through their service center ( now version 2 is out).
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

Thanks Chris & Everyone who's responded.

I will look to see if the update was performed from the DVD.

I use K2.2.3, I believe, but will confirm.

As soon as I look into this, I will post results.

Again, Thanks,

Mr. A.

Go Back to forum