• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB Trumpet Release Effects Tutorial

Share/Bookmark

JABB Trumpet Release Effects Tutorial

Here's a brief .pdf tutorial showing how to use the necessary controller data to create trumpet release effects in JABB: http://www.box.net/shared/paq1ezy0wk

Tom

Re: JABB Trumpet Release Effects Tutorial

Thanks Tom.

You're very welcome!

Tom

Question Re: JABB Trumpet Release Effects Tutorial

Ummm...I'm still pretty new to this sort of thing...what do I need to be able to use this? Right now I'm using Noteworthy Composer and KP2 in standalone mode with a virtual midi cable. I can't figure out how to get any effects at all. I know it has something to do with aftertouch...that's about all I've been able to figure out though. Please HELP!
    One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house. Three pretty women mean run for the hills. -- Matrim Cauthon

Does Noteworthy have the ability to send continuous control commands (CC).

I assume it does because JABB requires CC1 to be used to get any volume (default setting is CC1=0 - silence) then set CC15 to value between 33 and 64 to get fall offs. Send this message just before the note with the fall off, then send it again set to 0 before the next note (or they'll both have fall offs) DOITS and KISSES are similar (see manual)
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Hmmm...I may have to take this up with Noteworthy Software. NWC(2) only has the most basic CC values available for manipulation (i.e. CC15 isn't available) Maybe I can talk them into making a plugin or some such...otherwise it's a new notation program for me. Ho hum.
    One pretty woman means fun at the dance. Two pretty women mean trouble in the house. Three pretty women mean run for the hills. -- Matrim Cauthon

There is currently no way to manipulate any CC values other than those provided for in NWC2...any suggestions for a user/wallet friendly alternative? There is no way I'm paying $500+ for Sibelius when I make no money from my music.

Hi. I'd like to enable/disable release effects in real time, preferably using keyswitches. I'm guessing that this would require modifying a script. Does anyone know of this ever having been implemented? If not: Is there a tutorial discussing approaches to modifying the JABB scripts? I'm using Kontakt 3.

Go Back to forum