• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vibrato

Share/Bookmark

Vibrato

I notice that the solo flute and oboe sounds with the CB/MB library do not use vibrato like the solo sounds that come with Finale. I've tried the vib. wheel within the Kontakt player for those sounds and nothing seems to change. I've searched the forums for an answer without any luck, so I thought I would ask here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Bill

Re: Vibrato

Thanks Jon; sounds like you know what you're talking about. Do you think you could "walk me through it?"

Bill

CC17? could you just explain that? and aftertouch I would guess is an effect under "show inserts" in Kontakt player?

Bill

Wow, Jon, thanks for the time involved with this. I'll check it out. Thanks so much.

Bill

I wouldn't use Finale to add vibrato if the Human Playback algorithm isn't doing it automatically. There are two ways to do continuous controllers with Finale. The first is to define articulations or expressions with the specific CC levels for each expression. The more flexible method (but every bit as difficult) is to use the MIDI tool to enter the data in. There is no pencil tool - you cannot even set a slope between two points. All you get are steps.

Get smart, edit MIDI data in your DAW. I think Jon will back me up on this in Sibelius, too.

Go Back to forum