• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Symphobia gone quiet...

Share/Bookmark

Symphobia gone quiet...

ProjectSAM originally intended to ship this great sounding library in July, but even though we're a few days into the month, there's no new information nor demos appearing anywhere - I wonder if it's going to slip.

Not being overly familiar with ProjectSAM are they prone to slippages or fairly on the nose in terms of release dates?

Tim

Re: Symphobia gone quiet...

Come on guys, you know how that works.
    Everything is fine, and then, in the end, there is this little problem which costs you weeks to fix.
    The more you force them to be ready in time, the more you get the chance to get a buggy program.
    I have no idea what going on at SAM, but they will have a reason.
    So, if you want a good library, give them the time to finish it as good as they can.
    And, hey, Juli has just begun, and - they didn't say which year. ;-)

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Chris

I know - that's why I prefer the Blizzard ethos - "It's done when it's done", they'll keep us all teased up releasing snippets of information until they're confident of a release date and announce one. But if you're not taking that philosophy and announce a date (ok they withheld the year ;-) ) then it's best to be open with your customer base as much as possible even if it is just a regular - no update, but we're still working really hard on it (not that I'm accusing SAM of this they're really very good and it is only the 3rd July...)

But, if you've been waiting for a Mac version of FX Teleport you'll know what I mean....

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hein View Post
    Come on guys, you know how that works.
    Everything is fine, and then, in the end, there is this little problem which costs you weeks to fix.
    The more you force them to be ready in time, the more you get the chance to get a buggy program.
    I have no idea what going on at SAM, but they will have a reason.
    So, if you want a good library, give them the time to finish it as good as they can.
    And, hey, Juli has just begun, and - they didn't say which year. ;-)

Chris Hein
    Agree 100%
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I was looking at their website yesterday and I didn't see a day listed, just July 2008 in the press release. So I think they're still within the time frame until the end of the month, but who knows, they may have hit a snag.

--Richard

July has 31 days, or did they change it ?

I hope they don't pull a Steinberg, and release it on July 31, 11:59:59 PM.

I got an email from one of the ProjectSAM team, I believe they mentioned August? I'll double check my email when I get home to confirm it, but I'm fairly certain.

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDavis View Post
    I got an email from one of the ProjectSAM team, I believe they mentioned August? I'll double check my email when I get home to confirm it, but I'm fairly certain.

-Alex
    Press release says July 2008
    DAW

I was personally told mid August, so press release shmess release.

Go Back to forum